WWE Night Of Champions 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

The show was alright, I guess. It's just that there was nothing to get excited about bar the main event. Like someone said earlier in the thread, Orton/Ziggler and Sheamus/Del Rio have faced each other too many times for me to care. Punk/Cena was a great match as always though, despite the finish.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those other names. ADR more popular than orton? Have a word.

Its ok that you don't agree. I don't agree that they are objectively wrong... i wasn't specific about who they are more popular with.

Exactly. If I were to say Crash Holly was more popular than Stone Cold Steve Austin, the onus would be on the reader to assume that I just meant "more popular in my house" rather than think I was talking absolute wet.

Sin Cara looked pretty shit tonight after one of his better showings this past Smackdown.

Really? He supposedly walked out of the building after his match on Smackdown because the match fell apart and everyone freaked out because of how bad it was.

Here's a news piece on it:

- The match with Sin Cara vs. The Miz on Friday

• Paid Members
Its ok if you don't agree but I don't really see any difference between when he is a heel and a face, and from years ago to now. Same stuff.

But as much as he still gets pops when he comes out, there are people that in the past couple of years have over taken him in popularity and are far more entertaining to watch... punk, bryan, ziggler, sheamus, ADR, and these guys have clear gimmicks with mileage in them that the writers can work with.

I think the same about Miz to be honest. What does he stand for, how would you describe his character and purpose to someone in one short sentance.... it would be difficult, and in my mind Orton is the same.

Perhaps we see an Orton heel turn and have him face Sheamus now?

The things I have bolded are just objectively wrong. And I think I'm being generous with some of

Its ok that you don't agree. I don't agree that they are objectively wrong... i wasn't specific about who they are more popular with.

It's not a case of whether you agree or not. You're wrong. Not "I disagree with your opinion", but the things you are stating are obviously, demonstrably, wrong. Orton has changed over his decade ish with the WWE, as evidenced by stopping and thinking for more than 3 seconds and Alberto Del Rio is not more popular than Randy Orton. You can try and "defend" your point by saying you left out the specific demographics, but considering Del Rio is not more popular than Orton with A) the wider audience or B) anyone important means your point would be at best redundant, and probably still wrong.

Its ok if you don't agree but I don't really see any difference between when he is a heel and a face, and from years ago to now. Same stuff.

But as much as he still gets pops when he comes out, there are people that in the past couple of years have over taken him in popularity and are far more entertaining to watch... punk, bryan, ziggler, sheamus, ADR, and these guys have clear gimmicks with mileage in them that the writers can work with.

I think the same about Miz to be honest. What does he stand for, how would you describe his character and purpose to someone in one short sentance.... it would be difficult, and in my mind Orton is the same.

The things I have bolded are just objectively wrong. And I think I'm being generous with some of

It's not a case of whether you agree or not. You're wrong. Not "I disagree with your opinion", but the things you are stating are obviously, demonstrably, wrong. Orton has changed over his decade ish with the WWE, as evidenced by stopping and thinking for more than 3 seconds and Alberto Del Rio is not more popular than Randy Orton. You can try and "defend" your point by saying you left out the specific demographics, but considering Del Rio is not more popular than Orton with A) the wider audience or B) anyone important means your point would be at best redundant, and probably still wrong.

Like I said. It's ok if you don't agree. It doesn't change my view.

But when you consider that in the past 20 or so months Del Rio has won the Royal Rumble, faced Edge for the World Title at Wrestlemania, won money in the bank, held the WWE championship, has had headline feuds with Cena and Punk, and has been feuding with Sheamus over the World Title for the past couple of months (oh and managed to fit in some time off to rehab an injury), and Orton..... well had some decent matches but more notably was used as a face to put over Mark Henry and Kane.... well would that not suggest that maybe.......just MAYBE, the writers feel they have more to work with in Del Rio and the character he plays really well than Orton... and if this is the case could it be possible to say that maybe.... just MAYBE... Del Rio is more popular with the writers and the people who decide who gets TV time (y'know, noone important), than Orton?

Orton was slated to film a movie earlier this year (wich didnt happen because of his history with the army), he's now slated to start filming another movie later this year. Mabye thats why Orton is in the freezer right now.

• Paid Members

But when you consider that in the past 20 or so months Del Rio has won the Royal Rumble, faced Edge for the World Title at Wrestlemania, won money in the bank, held the WWE championship, has had headline feuds with Cena and Punk, and has been feuding with Sheamus over the World Title for the past couple of months (oh and managed to fit in some time off to rehab an injury), and Orton..... well had some decent matches but more notably was used as a face to put over Mark Henry and Kane.... well would that not suggest that maybe.......just MAYBE, the writers feel they have more to work with in Del Rio and the character he plays really well than Orton... and if this is the case could it be possible to say that maybe.... just MAYBE... Del Rio is more popular with the writers and the people who decide who gets TV time (y'know, noone important), than Orton?

Orton was the top face on Smackdown that entire time, feuding for or holding the world title. So, erm, no. It doesn't suggest that at all. He was suspended recently too, which didn't help. Also, Orton pinned ADR as he returned.

It's a nice attempt to try and narrow down a point so where it's defensible, but it really isn't.

Orton was the top face on Smackdown that entire time, feuding for or holding the world title. So, erm, no. It doesn't suggest that at all. He was suspended recently too, which didn't help. Also, Orton pinned ADR as he returned.

It's a nice attempt to try and narrow down a point so where it's defensible, but it really isn't.

The entire time? From Rumble 2011 to now? Are you sure?

Or did he in fact feud for it for a couple of months with Christian after Edge retired, dropped it to Mark Henry this time last year and not been either the top baby face or held the title since?

Like I said, it's cool if you dont agree, I'm even cool with you being so arraogant that you cant accept another persons opinion on something that is clearly subjective, but if you are trying to make an arguement for this to be an objective matter, then make sure what you are saying is fact.

Orton held the title for 110 days in the past 20 months period that I referred to. Sheamus has been the top babyface on Smackdown for almost a year. So no Orton hasn't been the champion or the top babyface over the entire last 20 months as you claim.

Even if he was, its still a subjective matter, so you telling me I am wrong will change nothing.

• Paid Members

hits

head

on

keyboard

It isn't subjective. It's entirely objective. The idea that Randy Orton is less popular, be it with Vince or the crowd, is not a subjective question. Please stop hiding behind "this is just my opinion", as if that means anything.

Sheamus transitioned into the top babyface role, sure. That happened at Mania though, with Orton being the top babyface for the entire year beforehand. He stopped being in the title mix when he got suspended, came back and immediately started beating everyone, including beating Del Rio on TV If you take into account injuries and his suspension, Orton has been the man on Smackdown since he moved over there, and hell, that was the entire point of him being on smackdown and now Sheamus is sorted he'll probably be going heel again. (and in fact, changing his character a bit to do so lololol)

Once again, the reason Orton didn't have a concrete feud set up is because he's just returned from a second strike suspension. He has proceeded to be absolutely dominant since then. Del Rio, on the other hand, keeps getting kicked in the face and isn't booked as a threat. The suggestion that he is "less popular with the decision makers" is nonsense.

• Paid Members

Not much more I can add about the Main Event, Cena/Punk is the feud that keeps on giving. The draw seems the most interesting outcome going forward, I reckon it would be absolute lunacy to take the belt off Punk right now, i'd be very surprised if he didn't cross the year mark and it makes perfect sense. Punk looks like a real piece of shit at the moment, it's fantastic even though I utterly deplore the prick.

Sheamus/Del Rio needs to be put out it's misery, the sideshow about the banned move just about kept the thing with a pulse but it's beans are well and truly baked now, it was a heap of shite to begin with truth be told. Sheamus is a wet rag on the mic sometimes but in the ring I think he's almost exceptional. He has a fantastic moveset, now that he's added the cloverleaf to his repertoire he's starting to look like the real deal. Beef with Otunga is where i'd like to see this head next.

Orton is starting to bore the arse off me. When Cole half-heartedly squeezes in the stuff about "The place that he goes" and "the voices in his head" I could gladly start smashing things up, it makes my flesh creep. Didn't enjoy the match because I have zero interest in Orton at the moment, he's definately top of the missing list for me atm.

The divas have been a heap of pish for the past few months, starting to show signs of life now though. Eve is certainly delivering the goods.

I enjoyed the Cessaro match, he's starting to look as though he could actually be a player.

All in all second best PPV of the year behind Extreme Rules for me. Great show.

hits

head

on

keyboard

It isn't subjective. It's entirely objective. The idea that Randy Orton is less popular, be it with Vince or the crowd, is not a subjective question. Please stop hiding behind "this is just my opinion", as if that means anything.

Sheamus transitioned into the top babyface role, sure. That happened at Mania though, with Orton being the top babyface for the entire year beforehand. He stopped being in the title mix when he got suspended, came back and immediately started beating everyone, including beating Del Rio on TV If you take into account injuries and his suspension, Orton has been the man on Smackdown since he moved over there, and hell, that was the entire point of him being on smackdown and now Sheamus is sorted he'll probably be going heel again. (and in fact, changing his character a bit to do so lololol)

Once again, the reason Orton didn't have a concrete feud set up is because he's just returned from a second strike suspension. He has proceeded to be absolutely dominant since then. Del Rio, on the other hand, keeps getting kicked in the face and isn't booked as a threat. The suggestion that he is "less popular with the decision makers" is nonsense.

I have put arguements forward to back up what I believe could be true, you have done likewise. As neither of us are dealing with terms that are absolute neither of us can lay claim to "The Truth". As such, whether you like it or not, the subject still remains a matter of opinion.

I respect that you have a differing opinion to me and I am happy to live with that, you appear to lack the mental maturity to do so.

Now lets let people discuss night of champions yes?

Archived