Preston City Wrestling - Last Night Of Freedom Sept 28th Lava Ignite P

fludder99

• Paid Members

I'll be getting there about 4pm to 4:30pm.

I too will be going for the train afterwards, about quarter-to-midnight. Rather than stopping over in Preston this time and being tempted by 'The Warehouse', I'm opting for the 'travel through the night and get home at 7am' choice that I used to use for GPW.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too will be going for the train afterwards, about quarter-to-midnight. Rather than stopping over in Preston this time and being tempted by 'The Warehouse', I'm opting for the 'travel through the night and get home at 7am' choice that I used to use for GPW.

7 a-fucking-m!? Where do you live man?

• Paid Members

7 a-fucking-m!? Where do you live man?

Northallerton, in North Yorkshire. It's usually an hour journey from Preston to Manchester, then 2 hours from Manchester to Northallerton but, being overnight, there will be a 3hrs of waiting in there, either at Manchester, at York, or a bit at both. Not usually an issue, since I can usually go and have a late drink, get something to eat, or buy something to read.

A group of us (including the guys who would a few years later go on to be UK wrestler Martin Kirby and UK referee Chris Roberts) used to do the same after the FWA shows in about 2003-2004: stay out all night in London, then get the very first train home in the morning. No hotel costs!

That said, I haven't done an all-night-traveller job like this for a few years now. I'm a lot older and grumpier these days....

Actually, as we're only a few days away, I'm really looking forward to this show. The line-up isn't as import-laden as some in recent times, but I think it works out for the better on this occasion. There are some absolutely cracking-looking all-UK matches on there that I can't wait to see.

Not working this Friday so will be able to land about 4-4.30 and get some proper food in this time too (walkers crisps and snickers bars are not good for booze soaking!)

You better order as soon as you get to the pub then, given the 75 years it takes to get food delievered!

Top night, some results will be about somewhere

Bubblegum beat Elgin,

Dave Rayne beat Kirby

Noam won triple threat

Kay Lee Ray won

Hammer beat Mothman

Fight club, Noam subbing beat disco madness

BT Gunn/Lionheart beat T Bone and Trav

T bone turned heel

Trav popped his shoulder again!!!!!!

Archived