Funniest moment in wrestling thread.

Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Not the funniest thing ever, but look at Steve Austin at 0:58 on this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpEWyVMS26M...ature=endscreen

Thats just one example, but there are a million more. Look how he cracks the joke and continues on straight faced. He isn't stopping for laughs, he isn't laughing at his own shit or smirking. He's just naturally funny. The littles things like that he was great at. I dont think there was a more natural actor in segments and angles than Austin. He never came across as contrived. Everything he ever said seemed to be from his own head. Nobody is in his league today when it comes to carrying angles. He's a class above.

Not the funniest thing ever, but look at Steve Austin at 0:58 on this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpEWyVMS26M...ature=endscreen

Thats just one example, but there are a million more. Look how he cracks the joke and continues on straight faced. He isn't stopping for laughs, he isn't laughing at his own shit or smirking. He's just naturally funny. The littles things like that he was great at. I dont think there was a more natural actor in segments and angles than Austin. He never came across as contrived. Everything he ever said seemed to be from his own head. Nobody is in his league today when it comes to carrying angles. He's a class above.

I haven't seen that segment for years :laugh:

Alliance Austin was some of his best work.

One for the unintentional comedy moments section (IIRC) - when someone - Orton, Batista? May have been Batista, I can't remember - was in the process of leaving/being excommunicated from Evolution as he was becoming a face for the first time. He had some really impressive impact move done on him that made his trunks become displaced and unfortunately revealed his maroon underpants during the crucial moment, resulting in Trips, Flair et al genuinely pissing themselves during the all important heel-smugathon payoff moment afterwards. Damn, someone tell me this happened. It'd be one of my more shitty dream recalls if not.

The Austin Alliance stuff really highlights why so many promos fall flat today, for both faces and heels. Austin just rattles off the one-liners and carries on, coming across as natural, unscripted and genuine. Today, it feels like every time a face or heel cracks a joke or an insult in a promo, they stop and look to the crowd or the interviewer, which makes faces look smug and the heels look desperate.

Archived