BOTTOM IS NOT BACK

PowerButchi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Apparently Ade's said it's not coming back after all, here 30 minutes in http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ymbrf this would need to be a terrible joke. Apparently him and Rik have fallen out again. BOLLOCKS

Didn't realise the two had fallen out before?

Think they had a disagreement about Rik wanting to do another Bottom tour whereas Ade thought they were too old.

• Paid Members
Apparently Ade's said it's not coming back after all, here 30 minutes in http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ymbrf this would need to be a terrible joke. Apparently him and Rik have fallen out again. BOLLOCKS

Didn't realise the two had fallen out before?

Think they had a disagreement about Rik wanting to do another Bottom tour whereas Ade thought they were too old.

I don't have a link or anything, but I did read something a couple of years ago which basically said that Rik Mayall had become more and more difficult to work with since the brain damage he suffered in the quad bike accident, and Ade Edmonson was having to work incredibly hard to deal with him - and eventually just couldn't put up with it any more.

To be honest, I'm almost relieved that this hasn't happened. I loved Bottom, and I used to be a huge Mayall fan, but I didn't think this would or could be as good as it used to be. Even if they were both on form, I'd rather see them move on and do something new. Mayall's Bombadier ads are sad as anything - just playing off the Lord Flashheart persona from decades ago.

• Paid Members
Always thought Edmonson comes across as a tosser. Unlike Mayall who seems insanely brilliant.

I seem to have the exact opposite opinion. It's still a shame this isn't happening.

Archived