Guys you thought would be the next big thing

AshC

I'll go with Mr Kennedy as well - there was a point when he looked like he could be their next big thing. He was super over, had a comicbook superstar look and had that requisite swagger that made you believe him. As soon as he came off the juice, though, he deflated not only physically but as a character.

He's had flashes of being good in TNA, but at this point he's just another midcarder in the 2nd tier organisation, and I can't see him ever getting another WWE run, so that's him done.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Drew McIntyre, Ted DiBiase Jr, Tyler Reks and Husky Harris are the most recent I've thought would have went somewhere but hey, who say's there's not a career to be made out of Superstars.

Some of the earlier ones I thought would have gotten to the top or pretty close would be Val Venis, Charlie Haas (his first run) and Essa Rios (this guy was crazy young when he debuted)

The one that sticks out most would be Ken Shamrock, I thought (at the time) he'd be one of the WWE's biggest names.

• Paid Members

Essa Rios is younger than John Cena. I never thought he was going to be 'the next big thing', but I certainly had high hopes for him when he debuted the Essa Rios character in 2000, with Lita as his valet. I thought he was one of the most spectacular cruiserweights I'd ever seen at that point in time.

Archived