Guys you thought would be the next big thing

AshC

I hate that Tatanka's unbeaten streak went down to Borga's finger. What a fucking waste, in hindsight. We didn't have Sky at the time, and I was gutted to turn on the Survivor Series to find that Tatanka was out of the match AND he'd been beaten. What a set of bastards.

Really, if he hadn't have lost to Borga then, he could have lasted another year and turned heel with Dibiase undefeated. That would have been absolutely awesome. "The Undefeated Native American" suddenly becomes "That cunt that keeps winning", and you've got a ready-made Wrestlemania XI match for whichever babyface you want to put over him. Taker was feuding with The Corporation all year, that would have done. Or possibly a run with Bret Hart to keep him busy instead of the dwindling Backlund angle. Fuck it actually, have him remain undefeated, win the King of the Ring and challenge Diesel at Summerslam instead of Mabel.

I know it sounds daft, but you shouldn't underestimate the power of a well-protected streak. People really fucking cared about Tatanka's, and one which covered a long babyface and heel run back then might have been something to behold. And I know he's only Tatanka, but as a baddie, you can just give him Horseman wins all the time if you need to protect the top line good guys.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack Swagger always looks uncomfortable out there, for me - almost like he's playing the role of a pro wrestler rather than being one, if you catch my drift.

I dont actually :confused:

Test for me, I was just getting into wrestling again when he was big booting Corporation members as part of that big faction The Union

• Paid Members

A recent one was Alex Riley. When he was cutting about with Miz i became fond of him and thought he could become something. The break up goes well if a little too soon for me and then his getting a decent reaction.

Then it faded and nothing happened with him.

A recent one was Alex Riley. When he was cutting about with Miz i became fond of him and thought he could become something. The break up goes well if a little too soon for me and then his getting a decent reaction.

Then it faded and nothing happened with him.

Apparently A-Ry spoke up against Cena backstage, I can't remember the exact story, but I'm sure I came across a news site saying that a while back. Even though Cena portrays himself as the white meat good guy, he really is a political snake it seems.

On Superstars this week there was a match between Riley and Drew, and, I don't know if WWE edits Superstars, both guys got a great crowd reaction. You could barley hear Drews music over the boos.

Made me think that if bought up to RAW, either one could succeed given the right storyline

• Paid Members
On Superstars this week there was a match between Riley and Drew, and, I don't know if WWE edits Superstars, both guys got a great crowd reaction.

Sure you do.

You could barley hear Drews music over the boos.

There you go.

RENEDUPREE9.jpg

Rene Dupree

A 2nd generation wrestler with a great look who had all the tools necessary to be successful in the business. You could tell when he first burst onto the scene at only fucking 19 years old he was miles ahead of his partner Sylvain. When they traded him over to Smackdown and he had that PPV match with Cena. I thought that could've been the moment where he pushed on and moved up the card. Didn't seem to happen for him though and he kinda just fizzled out after that. That tag team with Kenzo was class though for however long it lasted.

When he started appearing on ECW it was easy to notice he stopped using gear. He was about half the size he used to be and had that twattish long hair. You could tell his days were numbered even before he was bundled off to rehab.

I can't see WWE ever taken him back either with those shit tattoos he has now. Shame.

• Paid Members

John%20Morrison%20JohnMorrisonHairstylesFashion.jpg

I've said it before in other threads but I really thought John Morrison would be the next HBK.

He had a great look, an amazing physique and he's one of the best looking guys in the history of the business.

In MNM he showed he was great in the ring and there was a period where they were mixing it up with pretty much everyone on the Smackdown roster and having great 15+ minute matches most weeks. Then teaming with the Miz he got really over too and I really thought he was the "Shawn" of the team.

It was pretty clear as soon as they split up that I was wrong, Miz showed he was great on the mic and his career escalated rapidly, the former Johnny Nitro started to flop though.

I loved his Jim Morrison gimmick and I thought he worked it well spouting random yoga shit and quoting Doors lyrics, it fell apart when he started delivering ordinary scripted promos in a charismaless monotone, it was obvious he wasn't a natural talker at all. His gimmick started to fall apart before our eyes too, gone was the simple gimmick of being a self obsessed 60s influenced rockstar and it became a hybrid with a parkour gimmick, it was a mix that didn't work and then it became obvious he was just a guy who was shit on the mic and atletic in the ring wearing a stupid fur coat.

We saw the whole thing unravel before our very eyes in the space of a few years, I think if they'd kept his gimmick as the 60s rockstar it could have worked but unfortunately by the time the end came he was damaged goods, his flaws were exposed and it was inevitable that it was over.

RENEDUPREE9.jpg

Rene Dupree

I can't see WWE ever taken him back either with those shit tattoos he has now. Shame.

If there's one thing that doesn't ruin your chances of a good career in the WWE its having shit tattoos.

Archived