There are genuine promoters out there

PATTIJ

• Paid Members

Dangerously's hit the nail squarely on the head. Nobody goes to a boxing match expecting to be punched, or to a concert and be expected to perform. There's a line between entertainer and entertained, and it should only be crossed - if ever - for exceptional reasons.

For all the mocking we do of Tommyboi, he has worked on enough shows to gain the experience in being moronic.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly ridiculous that anyone would suggest that being assaulted by a wrestler at a show is acceptable. When was the last time you saw that at a WWE event (on second thoughts, don't answer that haha.)

But really, when you attend a wrestling show you do so as a fan in a non-physical capacity and you should be provided with a safe environment to watch the show. The only time wrestler's should be getting physically involved with fans is if it was in self-defense.

On another note, I agree with what people have said about Ben/Southside. Every show I have seen has been top quality, professional and gone ahead with no problems.

• Paid Members

Didn't Scott Steiner assault a fan at a WCW show at the then-Telewest Arena in Newcastle in November 2000? I was at the show, but didn't see it as everyone rushed to the floor for his match against Booker T, but if he did assault someone, what was done about it? Was it a case of, "He won't be on any future tours" which was made redundant by WCW going out of business a few months later?

Didn't Scott Steiner assault a fan at a WCW show at the then-Telewest Arena in Newcastle in November 2000? I was at the show, but didn't see it as everyone rushed to the floor for his match against Booker T, but if he did assault someone, what was done about it? Was it a case of, "He won't be on any future tours" which was made redundant by WCW going out of business a few months later?

I have just been reading down some of the posts. When the incident with karl krammer happened i was sitting in my seat. The problem is with some of the audiences is they say children should be accompanied by an adult but in some instances they child as more common sense. The best idea is to have the fencing around the ring area then the fans would be safe. This wasnt an issue when i first started going wrestling because we had the old ladies with the brollies who went and bashed them. It was a good family show because the audience were not half drunk watching the show. The reason been was because it was a booze free venue. The thing is the children need keeping under control because when you have wrestlers doing high risk moves the last thing they need is a child in the way.

So come on mums and dads keep your kids under control. Keep our wrestlers safe. The last thing the country needs is a load of wrestlers claiming disability benefit

Archived