There are genuine promoters out there

PATTIJ

I know previously i posted on this forum about how i felt about events at the southside show on sunday. But there is something that took me really by surprise. That the promoter of the show took time out to ring my mate owlet to apologise about what happened. He was also prepared to listen to our concerns.

This is something all star were not prepared to do when at one of their shows Karl krammer fell on me and put out my knee. Considering iam only four foot seven inches tall it was rather frightening. The promoter Brian dixon and his daughter trish found highly amusing. When it was mentioned to them i had been hurt they said tough what do want us do about it. I bet if it had been a Southside show the promoter would have been more concerned

At least we have one genuine promoter who wants british wrestling to go on forever.

BEN WE LOVE YOU. :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's quite disappointing to hear about All-Star if true. I can see their mentality of, "You're at a wrestling show, big men are flying about" but at the same time they're putting on a public performance and the public's safety should be paramount.

Slightly more severe, but if you went to a sword fighting demonstration and a swordsman took off someone's head, the promoter wouldn't be able to laugh it off and go, "Tough. What do you want us to do about it? You shouldn't have been near." That's what crowd control barriers were devised for. A lot more concern should be given if a member of the audience is harmed, as they can easily make your life hell by going to the press and whatnot if they have the inclination to.

Southside wrestling is a credit to the UK as a whole and the fact that the promoter took the time to do that is fantastic, I don't know Ben personally but that sounds like he really does care about his fans and his reputation. With wrestling you always get that kind of stuff happening in a show somewhere but it should be conducted in a safe way. I was at an event a month or so ago where Dave Rayne & Babyface Pitbull decided to brawl out around the bar, glasses went flying and people at the bar were barged out of the way, it was very dangerous but exactly what I would expect from 2 workers of limited ability who needed to fill 20 minutes in a main event match. I don't think I saw anything too over the top at southside at the weekend but your point about them caring about their fans really rings through, thank you for sharing your experiences.

• Paid Members
Dave Rayne & Babyface Pitbull decided to brawl out around the bar, glasses went flying and people at the bar were barged out of the way, it was very dangerous

If you are at a wrestling show and there is a out-of-the-ring brawl you either get the fuck out of the way or prepare to be barged out of the way.

For me it was more the fact that glasses were flying everywhere due to their lack of care in a room full of kids, no biggie for me personally as I am big enough to look after myself, this stems more from a point raised over the weekend that a couple of wrestlers were allegedly being dangerous in the crowd at a Southside show, just wanted to point out that I have seen worse behaviour in the crowd than that before

Dave Rayne & Babyface Pitbull decided to brawl out around the bar, glasses went flying and people at the bar were barged out of the way, it was very dangerous

If you are at a wrestling show and there is a out-of-the-ring brawl you either get the fuck out of the way or prepare to be barged out of the way.

For me it is unacceptable to think anyone in the wrestling business would take a dim view to safety of fans who are your paying customers that pay the wages for the boys and make the promoter their profit. People go along to watch wrestling to enjoy the show and perhaps have some interaction in the form of cheering, booing or what have you. Fans should never ever be put in the situation where they become physically involved. Security barriers at ringside are a must and when a fight goes outside and brawling occurs to create drama then the promoter should have adequate security to surround the immediate surrounding of the wrestlers brawling so people can still watch on from the crowd and not get hit.

I was at an event a month or so ago where Dave Rayne & Babyface Pitbull decided to brawl out around the bar, glasses went flying and people at the bar were barged out of the way, it was very dangerous but exactly what I would expect from 2 workers of limited ability who needed to fill 20 minutes in a main event match. I don't think I saw anything too over the top at southside at the weekend but your point about them caring about their fans really rings through, thank you for sharing your experiences.

You say they were brawling around the bar area, which suggests to me that this was a show being held in a nightclub type environment, no?

This was at a working mens club where the crowd was predomenantly families with youngish children

I was at an event a month or so ago where Dave Rayne & Babyface Pitbull decided to brawl out around the bar, glasses went flying and people at the bar were barged out of the way, it was very dangerous but exactly what I would expect from 2 workers of limited ability who needed to fill 20 minutes in a main event match. I don't think I saw anything too over the top at southside at the weekend but your point about them caring about their fans really rings through, thank you for sharing your experiences.

You say they were brawling around the bar area, which suggests to me that this was a show being held in a nightclub type environment, no?

I disagree with this, the wrestlers have a responsibility for everyone's safety, their own, their opponents and their paying punters.

I disagree with this, the wrestlers have a responsibility for everyone's safety, their own, their opponents and their paying punters.

Agreed. If a wrestler working for me barged a fan out of the way etc that wrestler would be gone.

On a different tack, this kind of thing is almost expected at PCW. Not in a bad way either. Never get a front row seat :), but people are savvy enough to understand. There is swearing and boisterousness yet, it doesn't stop kids from coming, I know plenty that will come again with kids and indeed plenty more kids keep coming. I guess it depends on the parenting or boundaries and stuff. I've read this thread and been somewhat bemused as to what people expect from shows. Southside put on an excellent show. seen them when they decamped, but pretty much every show Ive ever seen has had crowd wrestler interaction of a sort and that goes for GPW, PCW and the ill fated GWF.. I just dont understand what people expect, I guess

On a different tack, this kind of thing is almost expected at PCW. Not in a bad way either. Never get a front row seat :), but people are savvy enough to understand. There is swearing and boisterousness yet, it doesn't stop kids from coming, I know plenty that will come again with kids and indeed plenty more kids keep coming. I guess it depends on the parenting or boundaries and stuff. I've read this thread and been somewhat bemused as to what people expect from shows. Southside put on an excellent show. seen them when they decamped, but pretty much every show Ive ever seen has had crowd wrestler interaction of a sort and that goes for GPW, PCW and the ill fated GWF.. I just dont understand what people expect, I guess

Can I just say for the record...that we have barriers at Grand Pro Wrestling and its extremely rare for the action to spill beyond the barriers. On the rare occasions it does happen (and in the last 9 years I can count on one hand the number o times it has happened),all the safety procedures are carried out. We also don't have swearing on our shows.

Archived