RevPro Uprising Weekender, October 13-14, Sittingbourne - TIX ON SALE

Andy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3WAY.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

Whilst we look forward to the future we feel it very important that we remember our past and where we came from which is why the next contest signed for the Uprising weekend is very appropriate.

In a rematch from their May 2005 Best of British outing you will see three of the men that were a huge part of the revolution of cruiserweight wrestling in the UK collide once more. As Paul Robinson, Ashley Reed and El Ligero will do battle again in what promises to be a high flying, hard hitting spectacle.

In 2005 all three men were given an opportunity and all three took it with both hands, delivering a highlight reel of what the high flying style of wrestling was all about, propelling them into the spotlight and raising the bar for cruiserweight wrestling in this country in the process.

Now 7 years later they look to do it all over again and the odds are just as high for all three men who, despite all they have achieved will be looking to prove themselves to RevPro matchmakers and fans alike as they look to gain a full time spot on the RevPro roster.

Quite like the look of that three-way and hope Ligero takes it. Who won the original match in 05 btw?

Gonna guess Noam Dar will be one/third of the second three way which is a shame as I did think he'd end up against at least one import.

If you just mean current stars in general on the UK scene and open to debuts, MK McKinnan would blow Sittingbourne away.

I know the chances are slim but I'd love to see Sami v Lynn on first night

If you just mean current stars in general on the UK scene and open to debuts, MK McKinnan would blow Sittingbourne away.

100% agree with both of the above. MK is made for Rev Pro and I'd also be very happy with Sami vs Lynn and / or Sami vs Generico at some point over the weekend.

Glad to see Ligero in Rev Pro, definitely one of the top UK talents and glad he is finally in the mix with the other top names they have.

• Paid Members

Great to see Ligero in Sittingbourne - he'll be a super addition to these shows. Hopefully, with Kirby, Travis and Ligero added to IPW:UK/RPW over the last year, we might start seeing the likes of Hayes, Banks, Gallagher, Cruz and other 'northern'-based talent being added to the mix over the near future. Them, plus RevPro's existing roster, would be awesome and give an injection of freshness.

Am I right in thinking this will be Ligero's first IPW:UK/RevPro appearance since his fantastic 2008 match with Johnny Moss as part of the British National Championship (on one of the Bromley shows, IIRC)?

Am I right in thinking this will be Ligero's first IPW:UK/RevPro appearance since his fantastic 2008 match with Johnny Moss as part of the British National Championship (on one of the Bromley shows, IIRC)?

Yes you would be correct, although Ligero alongside Bubblegum was originally planned to be a huge part of our Sittingbourne shows and was in fact booked for our first date there on May 3rd 2009 but due to injury had to pull out last minute. The match was booked a further 2 times and neither time did it come to fruition. Ligero is now determined to right that wrong and become the mainstay we always hoped he would be... Saturday October 13th is the perfect opportunity for him to do just that!

Incidentally as a result of them pulling out we wound up with The Leaders vs The Thrillers II... it's funny how things work out!

pyp.jpgTICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

With both Marty Scurll & Sami Callihan lined up to compete in a huge Cruiserweight Championship rematch on Sunday October 14th, Revolution Pro matchmakers have decided to give both men the opportunity to gain an early edge by allowing them to pick each others opponents on Night One of the Uprising Weekender as both Callihan & Scurll will pick their poison! The only stipulation that Revolution Pro will enforce is that it will be a straight singles match to be decided by one fall

Really surprised that Marty isn't automatically facing Spud on one of these shows given how the last few Sittingbourne cards have gone. However, I'm not complaining, as smart money would be on Sami picking El Generico as Marty's opponent given their history.Just a quick question while I'm on: I see that the next IPW:UK show has Sha Samuels defending the British championship. Where do things stand with the titles? If Leroy beats him for the belt does that mean he's champion at RevPro or is it just a starting point for both companies that can diverge from now on?

Archived