Impact 16 August Spoilers and discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Impact's a strange show these days. They've slipped into WWE territory where nothing is abysmal, but things can get quite boring when they aren't firing. Which is a big step up from what they used to put out every week. This week wasn't up to much, but nothing was really bad on it. Here's the highlights.

-Brooke Hogan introduces Tiffany as a special referee. Tiffany! The mental who used to be ECW GM. Brooke also fell on her arse when she was on the ramp which was hilarious.

-The Aces and Eights tried to attack Brooke, but Sting, Angle, Bully, Aries and Hardy made the save. Hulk Hogan got on the phone and said they are going "old school, brother" and he'll be back next week. I smiled.

-Magnus turned on Samoa Joe, so they look like they'll be feuding, which will do Magnus a world of good.

-AJ Styles and Daniels had a really good match, and AJ promised next week he'll take a paternity test next week. Claire wasn't there, and rumours are knocking about she wont be back, so it looks like next week this angle is thankfully done.

-Bobby Roode cut a promo seemingly writing himself out of the title picture and walked to the back like when James Storm left for a while. God knows what he's up to.

-Hardy and Bully had a good main event and the Aces and Eights gave James Storm a good kicking at the end of the show, so he's not turning it looks like.

Next week looks like a belter. The Aces and Eights are actually working. They are having a big brawl to kick off the show with Angle, Bully, Aries, Storm, Hardy, Sting and Hulk Hogan. Should be worth watching. Next week a few off those masks MUST be coming off. Hogan isn't bumping for a bunch of nobodies, so he's not ending up on the floor.

OK show, though. Nothing must see, but next week promises to be good.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taryn Terrell filling up the "blonde chick with big tits" opening that was brought about with Velvet & Angelina's departures gets a thumbs up from me. The more hot chicks on my screen, the better. That being said, the most memorable thing about her debut was Brooke tripping. That was funny. Aries' "go fluk yourself" line was amusing. Daniels/Styles had a pretty good TV match and I enjoyed the other two BFG Series matches as well. Interesting ending. Next week looks like a hot show.

My favourite thing this week was actually on the

. Magnus' promo on there was one of his best ones in TNA to date, I thought. Good stuff.

So Tessmacher got the strap back, and Tiffany is now hired :(

TNA Knockouts Division

October 14, 2007 - August 16, 2012

Gone And Soon Forgotten

TNA Divas Division

August 16, 2012 -

I was hoping TNA would give a run with Madison but no they gave the belt back to Quagmire.

• Paid Members

Fuck off. Is anyone watching the same girl as me? When does Madison Rayne ever have good matches? She's EXACTLY like Brooke. She has alright matches with alright women workers. Actually, Brooke Tessmacher probably has better matches than her. And she's an over babyface. People who complain that Brooke Tessmacher has got the belt again are the same cockends who actually think wrestling ability is the reason people are watching these bitches wrestle.

The biggest fallacy in wrestling is that Madison Rayne is a decent worker. She's not. Just another sloppy, elbow throwing girl. Like the lot of them. Where does that idea even come from? I know standards are rock bottom in womens matches, but its hilarious how people play the "WORKAZ LYK TARA N MADISON" card. She shite. And she looks like Skeletor. When she was in the Beautiful People she was gorgeous. Now she's basically generic womens wrestler number 4.

Im with you Ian. I think Tessmacher is pretty decent actually. I'd rather watch her than Velvet, Madison or Angelina Love. She also has those weird lads on the entrance way who wear her tshirt and look strange...so shes definitely over with the Impact Zone.

I enjoyed the show for sure. It obviously was just setting up next week but there was plenty to get stuck into. Kaz and Daniels backstage bit was pretty funny. AJ vs Daniels was great, Magnus turning is gonna be fun and Hardy vs Bully was good too. I assume now A Double will coast along until his BFG opponent is announced.

Dont tune in late to impact next week!

They really need to reveal who these lads are and why they are giving people kickings now...

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the show. Nothing was blow away but I like how things are going. I like how most the roster have their own personalities and stand out from one another and there is usually a couple of great matches each week. Bully Ray/Hardy was great fun and I loved the Roode promo.

Mike Tenay is such a bell end though.

Also:

Jyy70.jpg

In case you were wondering where they got that Claire bird from she probably worked round the corner from the Impact Zone.

• Paid Members

It was a decent episode on its own, but in terms of building to next weeks show it was well done.

I'm starting to think Brooke Hogan may be behind the Aces & 8s now, I hope not though. Hogan and Sting (and the rest) going old school sounds a real treat - I hope old school means Sting comes out in some of his WCW gear and Hogan has his FUNB shirt on.

Honestly can't remember much else, other than them looking to finish this Claire Linch thing for good. I'm guessing she upset somebody backstage, poor cow was called ugly by Mr. Traci Brooks. Hopefully that means AJ Styles get the title shot with Aries.

I didn't mind the show. It's surprising how many of the roster gets left off sometimes, but hell WWE have 3 hour Raws and still leave people off, so I can't complain.

Tessmacher is far better than just your average 'eye candy' so people can get the fuck off her back. She's trying, she's capable, and she's growing for me. That's all you can ask from a girl like that. Are there better wrestlers in the Knockouts division? Sure, but that's not all that matters. She's definitely not shit.

I do love big angles and slow builds but yes the A&8 stuff has dragged on a little now, and the Storm direction was pretty obvious, so Im glad it looks like it'll all come to a head next week at least. I hope anyway.

Brooke as Knockout champ makes sense to me.

She is over with the Impact Zone,and it appears she is trying hard to improve in-ring wise every week.

I kinda get a Trish Stratus vibe about how she is progressing if that mades sense.

As for Maddison,well i quite like the gimmick she portrays and i think she pulls it off well....But

Anyone who tells you she is a good Wrestler needs to put that Crack pipe right down.

She is awful

Aces and Eights like many have mentioned on here,need to move on from the beatings and do something else....anything else

Otherwise i can see this angle dying on its arse...and i dont want that as im enjoying it

Taz and Tenay just talking over the Storm/Hardy spot was really really bad. Just complete shite. They destroy some matches with some of the worst announcing i've heard.

I was thinking about this today. Tenay and Taz are the worst announce team in a long time; in fact I'm struggling to think of a duo worse. Commentary teams make such a difference to matches, angles and shows and I often find Tenay and Taz so offensively bad that I switch over. I can't say that I thought Taz was anything special on Smackdown but he was ten-times more bearable than he is now. I also thought that Tenay and Don West were okay in the early days of TNA but 10 years is a hell of a long time for somebody to be announcing a show, especially if they're not particularly that good in the first place. I'm not expecting TNA to find the second coming of Jim Ross and Paul E but a change behind the commentary table is long overdue.

Archived