Rats, Ribs, Bondage & Blowjobs

britishwrestlinglegends

Were the paydays/opportunities offered by Victor Quinones/IWA:PR really that good?

Did the informal boycott of Puerto Rico after Brody got stabbed extend to his promotion? If I so I'm guessing he had to open his wallet wide to get anyone worth anything to show up.

Did anyone ever do more than one tour for him?

• Paid Members
437. Sabu bitch slapped a fan for using his real name outside of a show. What Sabu did not know was the guy was a childhood friend he had not seen in like 15 years.

I've wondered if things like this have ever happened, so I really hope this is true. Not so much the slapping part, although it does add hilarity.

33. Hogan vs. Zeus was supposed to headline WrestleMania 6.

This one seems like it would be true, I don't remember a blow off singles match to end the feund.

43. During Eddy Guerrero's indy tour/initial cleanup period, Brian Christopher asked him if he wanted to get high at the FWA UK Revival show

Pretty sure this is true from what I heard

67. Kerry Von Erich was preparing for a match, getting his gear on and listening to his Walkman, but he was so fucked up he somehow laced the headphone cable into his boot laces.

Heard about this one in a shoot interview, can't remember the guy though.

• Paid Members
33. Hogan vs. Zeus was supposed to headline WrestleMania 6.

This one seems like it would be true, I don't remember a blow off singles match to end the feund.

Hogan pinned him on a PPV 8 months before WrestleMania VI, and the feud was finished when Hogan and Beefcake beat Savage and Zeus in a cage match on that The Movie/The Match special. The reason they didnt have a singles match was because The Human Wrecking Machine couldn't do singles matches.

About eighteen years ago a couple of female mates of mine head to an Edinburgh hotel following a WWF event. One of then disappears for what becomes a noticeable amount of time in a haze of drunken wetness with a - at that time - well known face. So far, fair play to her, except the personality in question was none other than Oscar from Men on a Mission.

Is anyone here old enough to remember the pre-internet days when, mostly female, handwritten round robin letters would go around. I remember reading one where one lady praised the sexual ability of a referee - who I obviously won't name - and hoped 'their love would lead to a baby' for him to see next time he was in town. Even taking into account modern day celebrity obsessives this still makes me shudder.

Shuggy

43. During Eddy Guerrero's indy tour/initial cleanup period, Brian Christopher asked him if he wanted to get high at the FWA UK Revival show

Yep. His exact words were asking Eddy if he wanted to go and party. We all looked at each other in disbelief. Brian Christopher was then deposited in London and left to his own devices after pissing everyone off and managed to rack up a huge taxi bill in getting back to his hotel at the end of the night.

• Paid Members

Ah, the Pinky Simmons fiasco. She uploaded a load of recorded 'phone conversations onto YouTube, where he showed the kind of ferocious spirit so lacking from his singles run, which she was kind enough to point out to him.

Yep. His exact words were asking Eddy if he wanted to go and party. We all looked at each other in disbelief. Brian Christopher was then deposited in London and left to his own devices after pissing everyone off and managed to rack up a huge taxi bill in getting back to his hotel at the end of the night.

Loved Revival, one of my favourites nights in British wrestling.

Wasn't there also some incident of GrandMastaSexy getting behind a closed bar at the airport, helping himself to booze, before declaring to security "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" I swear someone told me that story.

After "Universal Uproar" at the Coventry Sky Dome, I returned to my hotel only to discover that a lot of the wrestlers were also staying there. There was a rat there on her own, Who sat next to one wrestler after another. In the time i was in the bar, She was literally ignored by everyone. Not one wrestler even looked at her as she tried to vie for attention.

The following morning she came down to the hotel foyer, Wearing the same clothes. I can only assume that eventually someone nailed scuzzy whore?

Archived