Stephanie in HHH's corner?

JMarshFan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

She's certainly got it. I don't think necessarily being in HHH's corner to stick up for him would do HHH's image that good, I'd rather see her in the role Vince had in the past. Not quite Kiss My Ass club although I'm sure plenty would join.

• Paid Members
I'd like to know what people would suggest rather than a heel GM? Do the wrestlers just make the matches themselves?

Simple, you just have them be announced on TV. You don't need Teddy Long coming out to make a tag match each week, they used to just have an onscreen graphic pop up announcing the match. Or have the commentators just announce it, all they need to do is say "WWE officials have now booked a tag match for tonights main event between so and so", not have some 15 minutes of bullshit to set everything up.

• Paid Members

The obvious choice for HHH's corner is Linda.

HHH and Brock are in the ring, face to face. Nose to nose. The atmosphere is electric, the place its set to blow and then.......

We might even get a god awful promo too.

• Paid Members
Anyone else seeing a Rocky 4 retread here, with Triple H as Apollo Creed, Brock as Drago and Michaels as Rocky? I mean, obviously, without Trips actually dying, of course...

Ha, yeah. And have Sable in the Mrs Drago role and Heyman as the little fat Russian who Drago chokes (with a boxing glove on somehow?) at the end.

I'm looking forward to this. Brock vs Triple H is one of the few big name matches that hasn't happened and I've really enjoyed most of what I've seen of the build up so far. To me though, I don't think HBK should be such a focal point unless a) they'd had Brock destroy him at Raw 1000 or b) it actually leads to a Brock vs HBK match.

Cleetus said this in the Raw thread last week and I agree 100%.

The Shawn/Lesnar bit was mince. It did nothing for Triple H or Brock. The "Shawn Michaels is the greatest westler of all time" segments really took away from the HHH/Undertaker build earlier this year, and it's done the same here, for me. Shawn Michaels should be a victim of the HHH/Lesnar feud, not the centrepiece. Judging by the end of that segment, instead of doing a "Lesnar has taken out HBK, what will HHH do next?" angle, they've went down the "When is Brock Lesnar going to to take out HBK?" route. It doesn't need to be a multi-week thing, it's someone getting beat up, it shouldn't need a build of its own. Even if it just lasts a week, the focus should not be on Shawn Michaels.

So is HBK's retirement set in stone or is he open to doing Wrestlemania or something? Brock vs HBK at Mania could be brilliant. If it's not leading to something like that then I don't get why he's been such a massive part of the build up.

• Paid Members

SummerSlam 2002 was the Rocky 4 feud. Hulk Hogan played the role of Apollo. Rocky was Rocky and Brock was the blonde haired rookie monster on steroids. They even did the training videos. I see this feud as Triple H having to get his revenge. Thats how it goes. Triple H got him arm broke. I cant see Triple H feuding with someone where he's bookended between a broken arm and a job. Especially to a part timer brought in to put people over.

If Lesnar does win, it would be cool if at the end Undertaker comes out and does the throat cutting taunt to him. Assuming its going to be Lesnar vs Undertaker still (which I cant imagine what else it could be).

I'd like to know what people would suggest rather than a heel GM? Do the wrestlers just make the matches themselves?

Simple, you just have them be announced on TV. You don't need Teddy Long coming out to make a tag match each week, they used to just have an onscreen graphic pop up announcing the match. Or have the commentators just announce it, all they need to do is say "WWE officials have now booked a tag match for tonights main event between so and so", not have some 15 minutes of bullshit to set everything up.

I understand that. Maybe we remember those days, but the new generation of fans don't and may not accept that. All the 8yr olds who love Cena don't know a WWE without a gm

• Paid Members

Whatever they had with Brock is long gone now, though. When he turns up, he's just another bloke. They might as well feed him to Triple H. Brock isn't beating Undertaker and he's already lost to Cena. He might as well lose to HHH. Those two loses will be forgotten about by March when we next see Lesnar anyway.

• Paid Members

I think Lesnar absolutely has to beat Triple H. I won't care if he doesn't, because the smart mark meltdown that will follow on here and on Twitter will be fucking hilarious, but as far as his drawing power going into Mania is concerned, if he jobs to a Pedigree at SummerSlam he might as well not bother turning up in New Jersey next April.

Archived