If you could bring anyone out of retirement...

L_E_T_H_A_L

Like the topic title says, if you could dust off one former wrestler and get him/her back in the ring for just one match, who would it be and why? And who would you choose as their opponent?

I was thinking about this, and I've changed my mind a few times. I was originally going to plump for Shawn Michaels and choose Triple H as his opponent, but final matches don't come any more perfect than Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania swansong and I don't think he could reach the dizzy heights of his 2002-2010 second coming.

For that reason, I'd love nothing more than Steve Austin to get the trunks and knee braces on for one more go-round with his perfect modern-day opponent, a heel CM Punk. This story's already told. Punk's the anti-drinking, holier-than-thou prick that Austin's character would feed off him brilliantly in the lead-up to the match. This one would be perfect as the pre-main event 'attraction' bout before the title match at a Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

If i could dust his strokes off then Bret Hart.

I'd love him to be capable and have a big match that he deserves (Never seen his return matches with the WWE).

Opponent wise i would love to see him against Angle but i would go with

Bret Hart V Brock Lesnar.

If we're not counting physical condition then I'd like to see Bret Hart vs CM Punk, I imagine that'd be superb

If we are counting what condition they're in then I'd like to see Goldberg and Sheamus in a babyface v babyface match

Yes, counting physical condition. Otherwise it'd be a 'dream match' type thread that gets redone on here every other week.

Sheamus and Goldberg would be interesting. I also thought about Goldberg vs Batista. I know they had physical interactions in 2003 (possibly a couple of matches as well), but Dave was a bit-player in Evolution at the time. However, that'd be asking for two former wrestlers to have one more match.

• Paid Members

Goldberg's the one for me. Not sure who would make an appropriate opponent for him to be honest, but I don't really care too much. Fuck it, let him kill Ryback. I'd like that. There's an easy storyline there and Ryback isn't ever going to make it as a big name, so it won't matter when Billy spears the corn roid-fed meathead out of his boots and jackhammers him in under three minutes.

I'd love to see an in-shape prime of their careers survivor series elimination match with NWO vs DX, you could have

HBK/HHH/Billy Gunn/Road Dogg/X Pac

vs.

Hogan/Nash/Hall/Savage/Steiner/Giant

A huge load of talent in there with loads of in-stories with the clique stuff and Waltman having been in both groups...

• Paid Members
I'd love to see an in-shape prime of their careers survivor series elimination match with NWO vs DX, you could have

HBK/HHH/Billy Gunn/Road Dogg/X Pac

vs.

Hogan/Nash/Hall/Savage/Steiner/Giant

A huge load of talent in there with loads of in-stories with the clique stuff and Waltman having been in both groups...

The OP said you could 'dust off' former talents, but I don't know about digging them up...

Archived