UKFF FPL 2012-13 Week 1

Fog Dude

Olympic Summer Games 2012 - Men's final

Brazil 2-0 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 0-2 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 0-1 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Reims 0-2 Olympique de Marseille (Sunday 8pm)

Stade Rennais 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

and so it begins....

Brazil 3-1 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

Lots of injuries please

League Cup Round 1

Bury 1-1 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 1-2 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Stade Rennais 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

Brazil 2 v 0 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 1 v 2 Manchester City(plus hopefully 11 injuries for Man City in time for the Saints game the week after) (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 0 v 1 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 1 v 2 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Reims 0 v 2 Olympique de Marseille (Sunday 8pm)

Stade Rennais 1 v 1 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

Brazil 2-1 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 1-3 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 0-2 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Stade Rennais 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

Sorry, must have missed the sign up thread.

Brazil 3 v 0 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 2 v 1 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 1 v 2 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 1 v 2 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Reims 1 v 2 Olympique de Marseille (Sunday 8pm)

Stade Rennais 1 v 1 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

Brazil 3 v 1 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 1 v 2 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 0 v 2 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 1 v 2 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Reims 0 v 1 Olympique de Marseille (Sunday 8pm)

Stade Rennais 1 v 2 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

Brazil 0-1 Mexico (@ Wembley Stadium)

FA Community Shield

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City (Sunday 1:30pm, @ Villa Park)

League Cup Round 1

Bury 0-1 Middlesbrough

Rochdale 0-1 Barnsley

Ligue 1

Reims 1-0 Olympique de Marseille (Sunday 8pm)

Stade Rennais 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (8pm)

St

It appears that the Columbus Crew v Toronto match was postponed

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/10/c...r-urso-funeral/

Crap. This week was always going to be a bit of a mess, wasn't it? The card changed so much, so often since I drafted it back in June. I hadn't thought of including the Olympic football final until a couple of weeks ago. I hesitated about leaving in the Capital One Cup ties. There were Scottish games there for a while, in the hope certain people would get their D2D choices to me (three people who played this round still haven't sent them, by the way - and two of those are regulars who should know better) before I posted it. Getting rid of them left some gaps at the last minute, so I decided to add a third match from North America and consulted the MLS website.

That's right, less than a week ago, that Columbus fixture was still officially listed, with a kick-off time and everything. I was well aware that the Crew had recently lost a player and chose their game ahead of other possible ones as a tribute, rather than at random in ignorance. Should've known better I guess.

Anyway despite all the confusion, 20 people made prognostications for all 9 valid fixtures, while two more picked late and managed to score 3 points each. I think that's enough to justify saying that this week's scores will count towards the overall total. El Espanacas is therefore the early leader with 11 points (3 out of 5 correct), with TildeGuy in second on 9 points. As I mentioned, there's no table until at least the end of the next round, but an honourable mention should go to former champion cheetah69uk for only getting 2 results wrong this time out, the least of all the participants.

Of the matches that went ahead, it was Mexico causing an upset at Wembley that ruined most players' records, along with New England's unlikely home reverse in Foxboro. The three narrow away wins in France were easier to foresee, but some had trouble getting the exact scores, while extra time at Spotland dashed any hopes of a three-pointer there, Barnsley taking it by the odd goal in seven. Boro's progress in the other cup tie at Gigg Lane proved relatively fruitful.

Meanwhile at Villa Park, few saw it going to pens, and the majority were right as City wrapped up the Shield in normal time, which was marginally the more popular option. Again, the number of goals was somewhat unexpected for the season's traditional curtain-raiser, which meant that nobody managed an exact score from that one. Elsewhere in a west coast battle in California, the Earthquakes overcame Seattle in a tight victory that helped a fair few players pick up an extra point or three.

All right, that's it or this round. For those who were expecting this competition to stay in one thread, that's never been how it works as long as I can remember. The results are put in the original post once they are in, which makes them easier to find than in the middle of page 37 of a 39-page thread, for example. Another set of 10 will be up in a bit, in a new thread, with this campaign's first 'Dare2Disagree' among them. It's the turn of someone who's very used to that kind of pressure very early on in the season, so newbies are advised to make their predictions normally and observe how it works.

Archived