WA1 Wrestling present Rise 2 Glory - Warrington, Cheshire

wa1wrestling

Well with it being our first show, we haven't established a 'core audience'. That is something that will be established in time. The promoter charecters as you call them aren't meant to be remembered from the show as standouts on their own, The wrestling on the show will hopefully be remembered along with everything else that came with the show. Our promoter charecter is an added extra but from the sounds of things last night, i think he will be remembered along with the excellent quality of wrestling that was on display.

If your referring to the WA1 promoter charecter then again it's the same as everything else i've just said, he's not to be remembered as a standout. We hope people remember the show in all. There are plenty of promotions that have or do run shows with a gap in between and do perfectly fine. It seems your eager for us to do more shows and that is our hope as well. We appreciate your comments and we take them all on board while moving forward.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure he was older but this is how it came across the in ring stuff was good from the wrestlers and the ring announcer was decent but the constant commentary was terrible and i think any time the crowd tried to get behind the wrestlers they got drowned out/interrupted and the crowd died again

I completely agree with those comments cheatah. It is something that will be addressed. I don't think the commentary killed the crowd throughout the show as i believe the crowd was a tough one. Certain parts of the show i do think it did as they got overwhelmed with it and it was like ok what do we do and it distracted them from what was going on in the ring. Like i say it's something thats being worked on and apart of changes that will be made for our next show. Each show is a learning curve and i appreciate you taking the time to give your comments as that is vital to our product. Feedback can only help us become stronger, without it important changes cannot be made. So i do appreciate it.

I don't understand this current need for the LIVE audience to hear that commentary, they paid to see the wrestling after all. In my experience its annoying as when you are on the bus and some idiots has turned the volume up on their IPod so loud that YOU can hear their music as well, its just not necessary.

I don't understand this current need for the LIVE audience to hear that commentary, they paid to see the wrestling after all. In my experience its annoying as when you are on the bus and some idiots has turned the volume up on their IPod so loud that YOU can hear their music as well, its just not unnecessary.

i'd imagine it would be very annoying for the wrestlers as well.

Certainly agree, never experienced it myself but surly the live commentary that can be heard is quite off putting for a crowd and wrestlers. If commentary is to be done at shows it needs to be so that only they (commentators) and then i guess the dvd audience can hear them.

I don't understand this current need for the LIVE audience to hear that commentary, they paid to see the wrestling after all. In my experience its annoying as when you are on the bus and some idiots has turned the volume up on their IPod so loud that YOU can hear their music as well, its just not unnecessary.

i'd imagine it would be very annoying for the wrestlers as well.

I agree completely!

Like i say opinions are important to me and it's a trial and error thing. Somethings work and some don't. I knew full well going in with this it was 90% going to be slated but i still believe it's worth trying because there may be part of the audience that thought it added to the show. I'd rather fail and try than not to try and wonder. Many of you are saying this from not being at the show so didn't experience the commentary we had, but after watching it in person and also back on the recordings, it was positive in certain area's. i.e helped bring the crowd up and get behind people but also there were alot of negatives which i have agreed with and i personally feel it took away from some matches and was overpowered with it. I wanted it to be casual commentary which it started out to be but during the second half it went from casual to full force. I do feel it's unfair to judge on that basis of not being there but at the same time every opinion counts with helping the product evolve.

We're not the only promotion to do live commentary and won't be the last. I understand many promotions get blasted for choosing live commentary but we take all comments on board and move forward. We've done it, it hasn't worked, now we move on.

• 10 months later...

Archived