Wrestling Training Help

goldeneye86

Hi,

I'm looking into taking up wrestling training However I would like a bit of help/advice if poss..?

A) I'm nearly 26 years old However I don't wish to become a pro or do shows etc, I mainly just want the exercise and fitness part of it whilst learning about the sport.

B) What's the training like in wrestling? I have a background in gymnastics and judo so would this be for me?

and

C) where's the best place to learn? I live in Hinckley so I have leicestershire oneside of me and warwickshire the other side? Also what's the pricing like?

Would it be worth me taking up? or am I best to stick to my gym routines and the other sports I play? Like I said I really want the exercise part of it but I would really like to learn about the sport.:)

Stick to what you already do - wrestling's no more beneficial for your fitness than anything else, and there's tons more risk involved. It's really not something you can take up casually.

I think this part needs echoing, although when I did wrestling training I also did it quite casually and still found it an interesting, enjoyable experience. It's not something I would have done primarily for fitness or exercise, though - there's a lot more chance of picking up the sort of injury that will fuck up your exercise regime for weeks doing wrestling training than playing regular sports or even non-competitive martial arts, in my experience.

• Paid Members

Please take the time to come to Wrestleicester. The first session is always free. We already have a couple of Hinckley based students, you guys could travel together. Training wise. It depends what intensity of training you are looking for. Have you been watching the Olympic wrestling?

Point (A) Will be covered by us no problem.

Point (B) We train people to be wrestlers. Your other skills will aid you greatly.

Point © Train with us. Very few places in the world have a trainer of Robbie Brooksides level. It would be a mistake not to come and see us, at the very least.

• Paid Members
Stick to what you already do - wrestling's no more beneficial for your fitness than anything else, and there's tons more risk involved. It's really not something you can take up casually.

I think this part needs echoing, although when I did wrestling training I also did it quite casually and still found it an interesting, enjoyable experience. It's not something I would have done primarily for fitness or exercise, though - there's a lot more chance of picking up the sort of injury that will fuck up your exercise regime for weeks doing wrestling training than playing regular sports or even non-competitive martial arts, in my experience.

Now I dropped about 4 stone over 12 months due do giving it a go and the extra motivation and confidence it generated. I wouldn't have got that else where, I know this because I'd tried many times with other things.

Personally I'd still be massively overweight rather than just a fat tart had I not gone along and I had no injury's, tweaks or issues of any kind.

Please take the time to come to Wrestleicester. The first session is always free. We already have a couple of Hinckley based students, you guys could travel together. Training wise. It depends what intensity of training you are looking for. Have you been watching the Olympic wrestling?

Point A will be covered by us no problem.

Point B will aid you greatly.

Point C train with us. Very few places in the world have a trainer of Robbie Brooksides level. It would be a mistake not to come and see us, at the very least.

While I've not actually been to WrestleLeicester (more down to not being able to get to Leicester then anything else) I have trained with Robbie Brookside on quite a few occasions and all of the North West based wrestlers wouldnt be where they are today both in fitness and in wrestling skill without Robbie's guidance. I highly recommend it. Oh and so does William Regal too.

Point (A) Will be covered by us no problem.

Point (B) We train people to be wrestlers. Your other skills will aid you greatly.

Point

Archived