Movies from the mid-to-late 90s

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Cruel Intentions was one of them random films that everyone around my age that i knew loved. I'll never forget a time when i was invited to house party of some boy i worked with, i hardly knew anyone but went anyways...when i got there everyone was sitting in the dark listening to the Cruel Intentions soundtrack, very fucking weird and pretty unsettling.

I left.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

MV5BMTIxODA1NjkyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ4NDEyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

The selling point for me was that The Offspring were in it (I'd just seen them about an hour earlier at CD:UK, so my intrigue was raised). The thought that they were going to appear at some point was forgotten about in the first few minutes. Never a dull moment, familiar faces and the first time I saw Jessica Alba, it's probably the finest stoner-horror-comedy one could hope for.

dead_man_on_campus_1998.jpg

Zack from Saved By The Bell and the lanky one from That Thing You Do/An American Werewolf In Paris find out about the rule of "If your roommate dies, you get automatic A's", and subsequently look for students who they think may die soon. I watched this many times as a student when, rather ironically, I should've been studying. Not a film for everyone, but I loved it, and it was refreshing to see Mark-Paul Gosselaar not being Zack Morris for once.

Archived