TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 Offical Discussion Thread

wrestlingmad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I'd rather have Aries vs. Angle as the main event of Bound For Glory. Styles vs. Aries would also be great but I don't want this story with Claire tainting Aries and the World title. I'd love a good old fashioned "pure sports" type buildup for Aries title match.

I thought it was a pretty disappointing PPV, although the X Division, ladder and main event matches were all very good and made up for it. The rest wasn't rotten or anything but I expected more from it.

Aries and Roode didn't quite match their last PPV match, but it was still a high drama match, and these two matches are probably the best matches Roode has been involved in, at least in singles competition.

• Paid Members

Aries/Styles would be a naff main event for BFG. Aries needs to hang with the big boys now. I've been bored of Angle's main events for a long time now but in terms of status, he's the right guy for me. Roode/Storm will work great on the undercard. Of course, there's a million things riding on how Aces & Eights plays out.

• Paid Members
Chris Daniel's took a leaf out of the Kurt Angle trying to kill yourself on PPV book

Attempted murder on PPV last year, attempted suicide on PPV this year. All they need now is an attempted genocide at No Surrender then they can redo the Jericho/Punk rip-off feud with Sabu for Bound For Glory, and we can all sit there thinking "Well, at least it's better than the Claire Lynch stuff".

I enjoyed this event. For me the real star of the show for me was Bully Ray. We saw a lot of character development from Ray that The Aces and Eights were coming for him and we saw that despite the fact he talks up a good game he was actually deep down a bit scared. This carried on during the match from his entrance to looking over his shoulder then when Aces and Eights showed up his interaction with James Storm was great.

Magnus always comes across as a bit of a knob to me...far too smug for my liking. What was with the chair thing? He ended up looking like a right dick. Was quite glad when RVD smashed it in his face. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Watched this last night and enjoyed it. One thing I love about TNA is that most the roster have a very distinctive look, most the guys in WWE currently all look pretty much the same.

I enjoyed the Aces & Eights storyline progression, the camera shot of Pope beaten up and then his sunglasses being crushed was fucking brilliant. Bully Ray obviously was great all night and I have a lot of love for Robbie E. The tables match and X Division matches were both enjoyable.

The ladder match was great, especially the bit where Joe and Angle tried to murder Daniels. If anything though, this match would probably have been better being a non-gimmick match. Definitely glad they didn't try anything too crazy and end up killing themselves.

Another fucking brilliant Roode/Aries main event. I don't care about the stipulation, I think they can work their way around and have one last match together. They have great chemistry together and I want to see one final big blowoff match.

In a discussion of Kenny King. I think he is a decent talent and is proving to be an emerging star. Behind the scenes I am lead to believe he is Austin Aries boy. Do you think King would be in the position he is at on talent alone or do you think Austin Aries has a lot to play for King being there?

I enjoyed this event. For me the real star of the show for me was Bully Ray. We saw a lot of character development from Ray that The Aces and Eights were coming for him and we saw that despite the fact he talks up a good game he was actually deep down a bit scared. This carried on during the match from his entrance to looking over his shoulder then when Aces and Eights showed up his interaction with James Storm was great.

i'm i alone in being suspisious of bully ray? it's almost as if he's playing up to it too much as a sort of deflection tactic and they are making it so obvious that it is James storm that it quite clearly isn't unless it's some sort of double bluff.

• Paid Members

i'm i alone in being suspisious of bully ray? it's almost as if he's playing up to it too much as a sort of deflection tactic and they are making it so obvious that it is James storm that it quite clearly isn't unless it's some sort of double bluff.

I think based on last night it's likely Bully, with him the one benefiting when they got involved...the Aces involvement was pretty uneventful though, I was hoping for something big.

Overall it was an ok show, the first half dragged a little, Womens match sucked, LAX vs Kid Kash and Dallas was ok and RVD/Anderson/Magnus was about as enthralling a match you'd expect it be with 2 of the stalest guys in wrestling in it (and Magnus)...I did enjoy the D'von match though....

Second half picked up with Robbie E being typically brilliant in the table match as was Bubba, really enjoyed the X Title match too, Xema Ion is making for a brilliant champion. As others have said I think the ladder match would have probably been better without ladders but it was still fun, Main was also really good although I felt the finish was unnecessary...

Archived