TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 Offical Discussion Thread

wrestlingmad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Good PPV for the most part. Cant complain with the quality of the second half of the show. It was a show similar to last month. The first half was OK, but the final three bouts were real enjoyable. Zema Ion has improved so much in the last few months. He and Kenny King had a really good X Division match. Then the ladder match was what you'd expect. Joe was great (which isn't anything new these days), Daniels bumped far better than a 41 year old should and Angle was his brilliant self. But AJ Styles is on another level this year. He's been amazing the last few PPVs. The spot at the end where he did springboard onto the ladder and took the contract was great. Daniels lodged between the ladder was funny as well. Interesting that they mentioned that AJ has less matches than anyone and has a load of games in hand to catch up to the leaders (who both dropped points). Whats just as interesting is Bully Ray picked up the 20 points and Devon held onto the TV title. Which doesn't seem like they are leaving anytime soon. The Aces and Eights were pretty routine as well. I'm getting bored with them. They need to start unveiling a few very soon, so Hogan and Sting can send them back to OVW and the dark match circuit.

The main event was probably better than last months match. It had a cracking story which when it all came together made you love it. Two referees did the Shawn/Davey Boy double 3 count and that was me off to bed saying "fuck this company", until Earl Hebner said the match had to continue. At which point Aries hit a dive and Roode (before the bell went) smacked him with the belt in mid-air. Again I thought "weak as piss title change that", and he dragged Aries into the ring and got a TWO COUNT! Aries recovered and channeled John Cena and beat Roode to retain the title. Fucking class little finish, which had me into it all with the intended reaction. Hopefully this is all setting up a Austin Aries vs AJ Styles for Bound For Glory.

OH! Worth mentioning how fucking terrible Tenay and Taz are. Taz is less to blame because he's just a clown who says things every 30 seconds, but Tenay never shuts the fuck up and never talks about things that are relevant. The ladder match showed how thick he is. There was a million times someone looked legit injured and he doesn't even put a single bit of drama in his voice. I've never heard someone speak so many words and not have anything to say. Awful.

Not watched yet and will wait till Wednesday.

Pleased with the Bully Ray and Devon results though. Hope it means both have signed new deals or will be doing.

Don't think I enjoy any one on the TNA roster more than Bully Ray, what a class act. For me you know when you've struck gold with a talent when you don't need to put a championship on them or have them win every match to be over. Only AA and AJ Styles come close at the moment.

Devon's just a solid hand who needs more TV time.

I dunno if this is quite the right thread for this but it's TNA related and I'm lazy.

Has anyone else noticed the "prospect" patches that Aces and Eights are wearing on their leathers?

For those of you that don't know anything about bikers, a prospect is an entry level trainee proving his worth to the club, they're treated like bitches for the most part "prospect... FETCH!" Either those guys you see on TV with the Shockmaster voice are just henchmen for someone else or someone at TNA has fucked right up with the biker look. (unforgivable if you realise that Bischoff likes his bikes)

• Paid Members
For those of you that don't know anything about bikers, a prospect is an entry level trainee proving his worth to the club, they're treated like bitches for the most part "prospect... FETCH!" Either those guys you see on TV with the Shockmaster voice are just henchmen for someone else or someone at TNA has fucked right up with the biker look. (unforgivable if you realise that Bischoff likes his bikes)

Yes. It was noticed weeks ago when they attacked Hogan and Sting and Tenay brought it up on Impact saying "who are they prospects for?" Nobody thinks these lads in masks are actually the ones behind it. Most expect Jarrett or Bischoff to be the one sending them into TNA for getting fired a few months back.

Yes. It was noticed weeks ago when they attacked Hogan and Sting and Tenay brought it up on Impact saying "who are they prospects for?" Nobody thinks these lads in masks are actually the ones behind it. Most expect Jarrett or Bischoff to be the one sending them into TNA for getting fired a few months back.

Scott Steiner is a biker is he not, or was that only for the Road Wild weekend?

Enjoyed what I saw of it, was too knackered to stay up and watch AA vs Roode

-D-Von vs Kazarian was really good, a lower title that can have great matches and actually mean something.

-The beating of Pope was brutal and came off well.

-The Table Match was fun, Robbie E's slowness in moving the table away did cause a bit of panic for a bit as someone clipped the side of the table, but 'didnt go' through the table, so there was a bit of head scratching before it restarted. Bully Ray is bloody brilliant. I hope that 'broken elbow' stuff he was saying at the end isnt the way he goes out, because he is utterly glorious at present.

-The Women's match finish was daft as Tessmacher looked directly at Madison Rayne's leg on the rope, so not sure what she was complaining about before the inevitable title switch.

- Chris Daniel's took a leaf out of the Kurt Angle trying to kill yourself on PPV book, Some of those bumps were nasty, the ladder match and AJ's finish was really good as well.

Good stuff, enjoyable solid, story line progressions and some decent wrestling.

Really enjoyed this show, especially the top end of the card.

What I really like about TNA at the moment is that there are so many ways they can go with the Bound For Glory main event. I assumed for months that James Storm would piss the Series and go on to extract his revenge from Bobby Roode on the biggest show of the year, but if TNA are going to stick to the no rematch stipulation - and with sensible booking now seemingly in place there's no reason to doubt that they won't - then Austin Aries is pretty much guaranteed to be holding the title going into October.

That opens up a flood of possibilities in the Bound For Glory Series. James Storm might still win it, of course, and it could be that they draw this Aces and Eights thing out until then, with The Cowboy being revealed as the man behind the group as he takes the title from Aries. But I've a feeling that they'll still go with Roode vs Storm, probably with the Aces and Eights thing in the background. So then who wins the Bound For Glory Series? I'd be delighted with any one of AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe or Bully Ray headlining the Pay-Per-View against Aries.

My money's on AJ. He still has a few matches in hand over the others and he's been top-notch on PPV this year. I'd go nuts for Aries vs Styles, I reckon. The only thing holding him back is this Claire nonsense. I wish they'd drop that.

Archived