Davey Richards issues statement on the Iowa incident

diamond_dust

OK so I know there's already talk of this in the minor news thread but I figure it's gotten big enough that it could use its own thread.

For anyone who doesn't know Davey, Kyle O'Reilly and Tony Kozina were involved in an incident where the rumours are they tried to get matches changed to working together in a 6 man when the promoter said they were paid more for singles maches and after a backstage altercation they took $350 to work a tag match and drove off without working the match.

Davey has issued this statement which is quite long so I'll just post the link.

Obviously when these things happen the only people that really know are the ones involved but if Davey is telling the truth and only took the money to make the promoter feel as disrespected as he did and always had the intention to pay him back then he should've realised that 1) these rumours would spread and he's only damaging his reputation and 2) he hasn't actually taught the promoter anything he's just burnt the fans who paid to see him and didn't.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's loads of discussion about it here:

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=81813&...&start=4155

The story has peaked anyway. Richards ripped off a promoter, promoter kicked off, Richards lost his bottle and paid the money back. Sounds like its over to me. If this forum isn't interested in Kamala being legless and anally raped by promoters, they won't care about Davey Richards and his gum shield.

Although I just looked at the link address above. PWPonderings.com has to be the worst name for a website I've ever heard. Hilariously bad.

Richards is actually admitting theft though - the whole 'I had every intention to pay it back' line (even when, okay, he paid it back) doesn't work in court.

If you walk out of a shop with something and have not paid it, you are arrested and charged with theft, even if you then offer to pay for it. It is a crime.

O'Reilly made it sound like he was paying the money back because he had a pang of conscience over his actions in his statement, rather than that being the plan all along.

Genuinely dont care either way but would love it if the promoter, armed with O'Reilly and Richards own statements, took the matter to the police....but then, I'm a bit of an arsehole like that.....

Just hope the british promoters aren't gullible enough to pay richards up front before the shows...

I would actually think this is the 'safest' time to book him, considering the bad press this has got.

I cant see him pulling any stunts for a while..

Just hope the british promoters aren't gullible enough to pay richards up front before the shows...

I would actually think this is the 'safest' time to book him, considering the bad press this has got.

I cant see him pulling any stunts for a while..

Maybe. But the again he is retiring so maybe he pulls a couple more and goes earlier. From what I read in an interview he said he was retiring when his RoH contract was up in December 2013. If he's done with RoH maybe he's done with the whole business sooner and this was the start of him taking a few quick pay days before buggering off until news spread. Only Davey knows. All I know is if I was a promoter with him booked I'd be very careful right now.

should read...

Just hope the british promoters aren't gullible enough to book richards for shows

Archived