The 2012 UKFF UK50 - STAGE THREE

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Me again, with details of the third and final stage involved in preparing the 8th Annual UKFF UK50.

So far in the process, 64 UKFFers (nearly a 50% drop since last year....) submitted nominations in STAGE ONE for wrestlers they believed to be deserving of a place somewhere in this year's 50. This resulted in 40 wrestlers earning a direct place in the 50, with a further 12 battling it out for the final 10 slots. This was done in STAGE TWO, where 124 UKFF members voted for the wrestlers they thought should be in.

As a result, JD Knight and Behnam Ali have been eliminated from the competition, leaving us with our 50 for this year.

Those 50 wrestlers are, in alphabetical order (2011 ranking in brackets):

Andy Wild (35)

BT Gunn (29)

Bubblegum (NL)

CJ Banks (18)

Cyanide (43)

Dave Mastiff (3)

Dave Rayne (NL)

Dean Allmark (42)

El Ligero (1)

Jack Gallagher (15)

Jack Jester (NL)

James Mason (9)

James Scott (40)

Jim Hunter (NL)

Joel Redman (12)

Joey Hayes (14)

Johnny Moss (10)

Jonny Storm (23)

Joseph Conners (37)

Josh Bodom (NL)

Kid Fite (27)

Kris Travis (11)

Lee Hunter (NL)

Liam Thomson (32)

Lion Kid (NL)

Lionheart (17)

Mad Man Manson (16)

Mark Andrews (26)

Mark Haskins (4)

Martin Kirby (7)

Marty Scurll (5)

Max Angelus (46)

Mikey Whiplash (13)

MK McKinnan (NL)

Nathan Cruz (20)

Noam Dar (19)

Paul Malen (34)

Pete Dunne (NL)

Rampage Brown (NL)

Red Lightning (NL)

Robbie X (47)

Rockstar Spud (8)

Sam Bailey (41)

Stixx (6)

T-Bone (21)

Trent Seven (NL)

Wild Boar (30)

Wolfgang (NL)

Zack 'Diamond' Gibson (45)

Zack Sabre Jr (2)

So, we have our 50 wrestlers confirmed, the only thing left to do now is to start ranking them in order. How do we do that?

Stage Three - The Rankings

Stages One and Two were about nominating any 15 people who you felt deserved a place somewhere in the UKFF UK50. In Stage Three, however, I need to know who from the list of 50 you believe to be the out-and-out best. I need your own personal actual Top 15.

1) As with Stage One, send a PM to myself on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/etc will not be accepted. This is to prove that you are a UKFF member. This is a UKFF project, after all. Feel free to share your nominations in this thread if you so desire, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Again, as with Stage One, your PM should contain a list of up to 15 wrestlers. The difference this time, however, is that your list must be ranked in order from 1 to 15 (1 being the best) on who you believe to be the best, based on the criteria we have been using throughout:

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?

All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:

- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?

- who is consistently involved in great matches?

- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?

- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?

- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

3) Obviously, you can only vote for wrestlers included in the list of 50 shown above.

4) You can vote for less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more. If possible, please also include your reasons for giving these wrestlers the ranking you have. This could be just a sentence to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision. As with previous years, I'll be using some of these comments in the eventual write-ups.

5) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Friday 10 August 2012. Votes received after this deadline will not be counted.

Anyone suspected of using dual accounts or other unfair methods to weight the list or make mockery of the spirit of the project may be excluded at my discretion.

As always, feel free to use this thread to fuel debate and reasoning, as well as making predictions as to who you think will finish where. Who's heading up? Who's dropping down? How will the new entrants/returnees do?

A great many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to contribute so far. It would obviously be a pretty shitty project if no-one bothered, so cheers!

1. Marty Scurll

2. Martin Kirby

3. Rockstar Spud

4. Noam Dar

5. Zack Sabre Jnr

6. El Ligero

7. Kris Travis

8. Jack Gallagher

9. MK McKinnan

10. Mark Haskins

11. Dave Mastiff

12. Trent Seven

13. Stixx

14. Mad Man Manson

15. Max Angelus

That's my 15. Very top heavy Jnr's list I know. Marty was a very deserving #1 in my eyes after his amazing performances over the past 12 months. Kirby had to be #2 as I saw him the most out of any other UK guy over the course of the year and he has never had an off night, always having a stand out performance. And Spud plays his part to perfection, is always an entertaining promo and it's his work that has made his feud against Marty Scurll the #1 feud in BritWres.

Kirby had to be #2 as I saw him the most out of any other UK guy over the course of the year and he has never had an off night, always having a stand out performance.

Kirby is great isnt he? I dont feel that he always gets the recognition he deserves, but have yet to see him have anything less than a stellar match.

My 15 was mainly but not totally made up of PCW Stalwarts, Robbie X who has been very impressive, Jack Gallagher and Marty Scurll have all had fantastic years and made it in to my vote.

Number 1 was Ligs, mainly because he is superhuman or something. Given the number of dates he works, he always always delivers, always entertains and is frankly brilliant.

• Paid Members

Good response so far.

Remember, the deadline for votes is 1 week away.

Last year came down to El Ligero, Zack Sabre Jr and Dave Mastiff as the top 3, with Haskins and Scurll not far behind. Will anyone else break into that top 5 this year? Should they?

• Paid Members
Kirby had to be #2 as I saw him the most out of any other UK guy over the course of the year and he has never had an off night, always having a stand out performance.

Kirby is great isnt he? I dont feel that he always gets the recognition he deserves, but have yet to see him have anything less than a stellar match.

My 15 was mainly but not totally made up of PCW Stalwarts, Robbie X who has been very impressive, Jack Gallagher and Marty Scurll have all had fantastic years and made it in to my vote.

Number 1 was Ligs, mainly because he is superhuman or something. Given the number of dates he works, he always always delivers, always entertains and is frankly brilliant.

Kirby is amazing simple . He is one of the hardest working dedicated guys around . I know people on here questioned me when I booked him against Nigel and Finlay but anyone who saw them knows he delivered !

He is certainly a contender for my no1 !

• Paid Members

Oh, by the way, TWO DAYS LEFT in order to get your votes in. In some previous years, the votes have been so close that a single person's contribution could have changed the winner. If you haven't voted yet, and plan to, you should be sorting yourself out. Now.

• Paid Members

....and, with apologies for double-post, and acknowledgement that votes are still piling in, this is your very final reminder. Voting closes at 23:59 TONIGHT.

Anything received after this time (and remember: PMs do have the time sent shown...) will not be counted.

• Paid Members

1) Dave Mastiff - still pretty good, isn't he?

2) Mad Man Manson - the most fun you can have on a show, inside and outside of the ring

3) Rockstar Spud - Really in the groove of doing stuff now

4) Oliver Gr....I mean Joel Redman - Solid and signed for a reason

5) Mikey Whiplash - drag act backed up by super solid wrestlery person

6) Dean Allmark

7) James Mason

8) Mark Haskins

9) Lee Hunter

10) Jim Hunter

11) Max Angelus

12) Stixx

13) Wild Boar

14) Zack Sabre Jr

15) T-Bone - I put him here to see if he says anything when he reads this. I know he will.....

Turns out I haven't seen El Ligero or Bubblegum work for over a year...

Archived