WWE Raw 1001th Episode *SPOILERS*

Nick James

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Much like Smackdown, this was a pretty fine show... on sky+ to fast forward the adverts and recap.

The rabid crowd made everything even better. The only thing I really disliked was the blatant spot calling in the Christian and Jericho vs Ziggler and Miz match (and the embarrassing botch...) though the action was decent. Miz as IC champ is going great.

• Paid Members

And? That was on a taped episode of Smackdown during an era where they weren't marketing themselves as a family based product. If they had a problem with that, it would have been edited from the show. I can't believe he said it on Raw. It was a mental thing to say.

Fuck it, I laughed. The rest of the show was pretty tedious, interested to see where Punk goes from here.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Raw. Sheamus v Daniel Bryan was one of the best TV matches for ages, absolutely cracking. Anything involving Bryan at the moment is excellent, he is absolutely brilliant in anything that he's doing.

I can't have been the only one who laughed at AW. I think his inter-match commentary is pretty funny and the Prime Time Players are amusingly goofy with so much of what they do.

I'm already fucking bored of Tout, though. Fuck off.

I too am getting sick of WWE and it's promotion of so many social network outlets. It just gets to a stage where do they draw a line from letting the social networking get in the way from detracting from the show.

Well Orton was rocking the beard throughout most of the last year, perhaps using the rugged look to disguise wrinkles?

I really enjoyed Raw. I get the complaints about it being a great 2 hour show stretched over 3 hours. They extended match time and had good segments throughout, but it wasn't enough to fill the time adequately, replays slowed the show right down. All the non-replay stuff was top notch though. Loved Bryan vs Sheamus, am I right in thinking they actually smacked each other in the face rather than the top of the head/forehead with a few of those kendo stick shots? Ouch.

I actually like the relatively straight approach AJ has taken as GM. People were complaining last week about AJ being selected as GM given her psycho tendencies, but she's exhibited various times in her character to be quite intelligent underneath all that. She needs to prove to Vince/The Board to be a professional in the formative stages, and I still like how she mildly screwed with Punk & Bryan.

Vitamin C was back! Fuck yeah. And Jericho is officially a face now. Can't wait til Jericho/Ziggler is announced for Summerslam, that'll be the other match to look forward to on the PPV.

Cena/Punk/Show... eh. Not that there were too many great alternatives, but I've seen Cena and Show in tons of triple threats, this'll be as generic as they come.

Throw in a few extra minutes for tag teams and Divas, and you've got a pretty damn good three hour show in the weeks going forward.

Archived