WWE Raw 1001th Episode *SPOILERS*

Nick James

• Paid Members
AW joked about "Being as unstoppable as Kobe Bryant in a Colorado hotel".

Kobe Bryant was accused of rape or sexual assault in a Colorado hotel some years back.

Goodbye career. There's supposed to be hell on about that, backstage.

You can definitely see why they script promos, with stuff like this.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kobe Bryant was accused of rape or sexual assault in a Colorado hotel some years back.

Christ. That's not exactly a slip of the tongue which I had expected had happened, inexcusable.

Stayed up to watch this as it was the first proper three hour show. Ugh I found it to be pretty underwhelming. Firstly why does WWE have to mention like every single Social Media outlet they have....Twitter, Tout, Shazam, Facebook etc which it just felt like they were killing time with. There was really no need for two of the same recap of the Lesnar Triple H segment from last week. Although I found Punk's new direction interesting the inclusion of Big Show into the feud kills it for me. The guy doesn't belong near a main event never mind the main event of Summerslam. In an ideal world i'd have Cena take some time out too....Sick of the sight of the guy.

There were some positives to the show mind you. I liked the AJ/Daniel Bryan segments, he was gold last night. The tag match with Miz/Dolph vs Vitamin C was pretty good. Tyson Kidd being on raw is always a positive and technically he beat Tensai again.

In reality I think this will probably the last Raw I stay up to watch for a while.

• Paid Members

I watched it in fast forward this morning, like NEWM, but it seemed like a decent enough show. Opening seg was very good, Punk/Cena exchange was great with Punk playing a sniveling babyface and then dropping a bomb at the end and the Show/Cena match and angle were fine. I thought "Triple threat" the minute Show came out and I think it's a good idea. Show really is great but that look isn't good for him. In that round neck T-Shirt, you can't see where his neck is.

Orton comeback was a nice surprise. Starting the show with the set on fire was a bit different at least. Tensai/Kidd was good. Can't help thinking that Tensai would get more heat if he played up to the Albert chants. They are the only connection he has with the crowd, he should put his hands over his ears or grab the mic and scream at them to stop.

Also think Young & O'Neil need some vignettes or on location videos. They are a decent team but won't connect on the strength of what we know so far. Is there any reason to love or hate them? I can't see it. Aligning them with a heel manager might be enough if he had any reputation whatsoever.

If I was 12 years old, I think seeing Santino vs. Del Rio, Sheamus vs. Bryan, Miz/Ziggler vs. Christian/Jericho would have helped 3 hours pass nicely, especially if ads taken out. Now I'm old and jaded, it's a bit of a drag.

Also think Young & O'Neil need some vignettes or on location videos. They are a decent team but won't connect on the strength of what we know so far.

I very much agree with this. They did get these on NXT and when they first moved to SmackDown, and were very entertaining. They're the best part of the WWE Inbox episodes I've watched as well. They're definitely worth devoting some creative effort to, and "pinning the champs" might be creative endorsement but it's not exactly effort. I'd start giving them a lot more backstage stuff, and then a month or two from now, a title win and build the tag division around them and move Kofi and Truth back to singles. The Prime Time Players could make all the other no-mark teams interesting by association, if cards were played right.

It seems like WWE's plan to fill the three hours is to make matches that should be one segment go on for two. I don't really back that decision.

- WWE issued an official statement Tuesday concerning a personality’s off-color remark during Monday’s Raw broadcast in which NBA player Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case was referenced. As Titus O’Neil grappled with Kofi Kingston in a singles match, A.W., who was wearing a live mic, yelled from ringside, “Titus O’Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado hotel room. He’s unstoppable!!” The remark was in reference to the basketball star being accused of sexual assault in summer 2003 after having sex with a 19-year-old hotel employee in Colorado. In September 2004, prosecutors dropped the case after his accuser refused to testify. A civil suit was later filed and settled out of court.

A WWE spokesman issued an statement to TMZ.com reading, “A.W. made an inappropriate comment and WWE immediately apologized. WWE has taken appropriate action in the matter.”

WWE sources tell TMZ that A.W. “felt horrible” after making the remark and claimed he simply “got caught up in the moment.” He also realizes the remark could be hurtful to rape victims and their families.

A.W. immediately apologized to company brass, including the McMahon family, as well as several wrestlers, and has also vowed to refrain from making similar remarks in the future.

Goodbye career. There's supposed to be hell on about that, backstage.

You can definitely see why they script promos, with stuff like this.

• Paid Members

I hope they give A.W. the boot. Mainly because I think Titus and Young are great on the mic and don't need A.W. around to get them over. If I had the book I would have these guys in backstage skits every week. The ycould be the hip hop Edge & Christian if given the chance.

• Paid Members
Two 3 hour shows and not enough time on either for a 2 minute Divas match?

I think it's safe to say the Divas 'division' is officially dead at this point.

We can only hope.

• Paid Members

And? That was on a taped episode of Smackdown during an era where they weren't marketing themselves as a family based product. If they had a problem with that, it would have been edited from the show. I can't believe he said it on Raw. It was a mental thing to say.

• Paid Members

We can only hope.

I guess it just means people might have to start using the adverts for their piss breaks now instead.

Aye. Must be harder on you though, as I'm not sure you could bring yourself to a climax at a 5-hour energy advert.

We can only hope.

I guess it just means people might have to start using the adverts for their piss breaks now instead.

Aye. Must be harder on you though, as I'm not sure you could bring yourself to a climax at a 5-hour energy advert.

It'd be tough, that, I grant you. I'd probably just have to have sex instead.

Archived