2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

I can't believe Doncaster could keep his job/get a new position after his 'no cherry picking' nonsense.

To be fair, it was the Aberdeen fuckwit that was pushing this idea more than anyone else. Seeing him in tears after that vote was wonderful.
Fuckwit?!?!?!?Couldn't think of a more accurate name for the man.Apart from Wiggy of course... :sneaky:

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a little amazed at common sense breaking out. We all owe St Mirren and Ross County a debt of gratitude for blocking the terrible 8-8-8 plan.

Also we just beat Croatia, had a team in the last 16 and the champions league and had a fairly entertaining year for the SPL. The SFA have also sold the rights to 4 years of Scotland games for 60m. Things honestly aren't as bad as people are always saying.

Having said that it looks like Hearts are in a lot of trouble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346

I don't know how such things work but hopefully they could sell tynecastle and get liquidators/creditors to accept lower than the full 25m owed. Then sell the remaining hearts club minus the ground to some sort of supporters group for a few million. Then play at Murrayfield for a few years and work on finding a location and putting together finance for a new stadium whilst living within their means. Even if they play kids and go to the 1st division it's better than the alternative.

I was surprised to see that news that Airdrie have bought back their old name a decade down the line and will revert to be called Airdrieonians have recieved such little discussion, seeing as everyone was quick to voice their opinions on the matter when a similar matter happened to Rangers last year.Thoughts?

They had to be allowed to do it after The Rangers situation. No coincidence they weren't allowed to do it before all this.

Celtics frontline next year could be A.balde T.Watt .......you would have thought they might have learned their lesson after Scheidt

I remember they were interested in a defender called Fanni a few years ago so could have had a potential backline of Naylor Balde Fanni.Not too bothered by Airdrie, it's clearly not the same club no matter what name they go by, Airdrionians, Clydebank or whatever.

• Paid Members

I remember they were interested in a defender called Fanni a few years ago so could have had a potential backline of Naylor Balde Fanni.Not too bothered by Airdrie, it's clearly not the same club no matter what name they go by, Airdrionians, Clydebank or whatever.

Just the same as The Rangers/Sevco/Dirtymankybastards... :sneaky:

I'm still a little amazed at common sense breaking out. We all owe St Mirren and Ross County a debt of gratitude for blocking the terrible 8-8-8 plan. Also we just beat Croatia, had a team in the last 16 and the champions league and had a fairly entertaining year for the SPL. The SFA have also sold the rights to 4 years of Scotland games for 60m. Things honestly aren't as bad as people are always saying.

It's fucking awful - don't let a win that means nothing in the grand scheme of things kid you on. I watch a lot of football, but other than my own club (Rangers) I have no genuine interest in the game in general in any way in my own country anymore and I find that quite sad. The cretins that run the game have drained me of any fuck I used to give.

You forgot zombies! Anyway yes you're right but I think that argument is rather played out. They say they're the same club, everyone else disagrees and nobody will ever talk the other party round to their way of thinking. All a bit boring really.

I'm still a little amazed at common sense breaking out. We all owe St Mirren and Ross County a debt of gratitude for blocking the terrible 8-8-8 plan. Also we just beat Croatia, had a team in the last 16 and the champions league and had a fairly entertaining year for the SPL. The SFA have also sold the rights to 4 years of Scotland games for 60m. Things honestly aren't as bad as people are always saying.

It's fucking awful - don't let a win that means nothing in the grand scheme of things kid you on. I watch a lot of football, but other than my own club (Rangers) I have no genuine interest in the game in general in any way in my own country anymore and I find that quite sad. The cretins that run the game have drained me of any fuck I used to give.
It is quite sad and I agree the people running the game have done a very poor jobs. I include the management at Rangers, Dundee, Clyde, Dunfermline, Hearts, Livi, Gretna and probably a dozen other clubs in that as well though. The SPL and the 10k seater rule in particular is one of the stupidest decisions I think that's ever been made. Clubs had to actually pay for big stands that will never be filled and actually contribute to a worse atmosphere and things looking terrible on TV. I do think the reconstruction is a step in the right direction though and hopefully we can introduce some sort of licencing to ensure clubs aren't run at a loss year on year. To be honest I don't think anyone would really expect you to take a huge interest in the game outwith your own club. If anything a lot of fans can be obsessed with clubs that aren't their own. I'll always support the national team but I can understand why the 'Tartan Army' cretins would put a lot of folk off.

• Paid Members

I was surprised to see that news that Airdrie have bought back their old name a decade down the line and will revert to be called Airdrieonians have recieved such little discussion, seeing as everyone was quick to voice their opinions on the matter when a similar matter happened to Rangers last year.Thoughts?

Totally different situation to Rangers. Airdrie United are a new club. They bought Clydebank's place in the league and all of their titles. In fact, on their records, it shows Clydebank's honours. They might have gave the cups to the "new" Clydebank but the honours are still listed. Airdrie can change their name back all they want, but they'll not be getting their honours back unfortunately.

Totally different situation to Rangers. Airdrie United are a new club. They bought Clydebank's place in the league and all of their titles. In fact, on their records, it shows Clydebank's honours. They might have gave the cups to the "new" Clydebank but the honours are still listed. Airdrie can change their name back all they want, but they'll not be getting their honours back unfortunately.
Now it's all settled down, I think we can all admit, even Celtic fans, Rangers have gotten away with it. Charles Green played a blinder with the media at the beginning and now no-one that matters regards it as a different club.

Of course, previously - if they signed David Weir - they could have had Weir Tebily Scheidt.

Archived