2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No Scottish Cup Final talk? Celtic won 3-0 in a stroll against Hibernian. Clinch the league and cup double.

Stuart McCall also stays at Motherwell. Quite pleased about that. Motherwell are my second Scottish team. Used to love going with my uncle, who lived in Scotia Street at the time, to see them in the early nineties.

Stuart McCall also stays at Motherwell. Quite pleased about that. Motherwell are my second Scottish team. Used to love going with my uncle, who lived in Scotia Street at the time, to see them in the early nineties.

My family also lived on Scotia street! :laugh:

• Paid Members

My family also lived on Scotia street! :laugh:

Bit of a long-shot but do you know Bertie (or Robert) King?

• Paid Members

Really good win tonight for Scotland, Strachan seems to be doing some good stuff since he got the job. Hopefully these World cup games will be a good bedding in period for him as you really should be looking to at least make the playoffs for Euro 2016 with it being extended to the third place team. The fully fit squad on paper looks pretty good IMO.

Great performance. We were very organised and took our only chance which to be honest had a big slice of luck about it. However, it was maloney and Snodgrass' positivity that created it for us. Croatia had a lot of shots but only 1 on target. There was one chance in particular Croatia should have put away but happy to have a bit of luck away to a top 5 team.Our midfield and defence was great but I though Griffiths was a little disappointing. He was often isolated bit not enough stuck to him when played up to him. Hard to be too harsh though as he didn't have a whole lot of service. No point in getting carried away but we were reasonably solid and this will give us a bit of confidence and something to build on for next campaign where we can hopefully challenge for a top 3 place. Also thought players looked quite comfortable on the ball and were happy to pick out passes rather than just punt it forward though understandably we hit a few long balls too.Go on Scotland!

Great news. Best of all the 3rd and 1st divisions should really be invigorated with new and ambitious teams replacing the dross in the 3rd and more money hopefully increasing standards in the 1st as well as the extra play off places. Better distribution of money across the board should really help some of the diddies and I just hope it leads to an improved standard across the board. I hope we get some new blood in at the top of the new organisation. I can't believe Doncaster could keep his job/get a new position after his 'no cherry picking' nonsense.

Archived