2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

I'll tell you what, Bomber has done a sterling job with you lot, hasn't he? I never thought he was the man for the job, but it looks as though I was wrong.

Aye, think it's a case of players having nothing to lose and a manager who doesn't accept anything but full effort, however he's earned a deal according to most fans views, so it's a fair enough appointment. I just wish we'd follow proper procedure and atleast held some interviews with other candidates before his original and then permanent appointments.

We've seemingly just signed our absolute cunt of a CEO for another 2 years though, and this has me more outraged than anything else.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear ^

Was at Stranraer v Stenny yesterday to see Stranraer stay up. When you look at how far adrift Dundee and Airdrie finished, Stranraer staying up is massive.

How far adrift? 7 points is fucking excellent at the level where the lack of prep is most exposed.

Fucking horrendous refereeing today though...it's like the ref was trolling me like Martyn!

Hmmm... I would argue the gap is biggest heading from Second to First where it goes from part time to full time. Fair play to Dundee for giving it a go. Looking at Stranraer, they lost out to Albion Rovers. Were five points adrift of them in October and have finished above them and East Fife. In a division that has a full time QOS and teams who will have a penny or two as well, you would think.

Agreement in principle by SPL clubs to move to a single governing body, greater redistribution of money, pyramid system and SPL play-offs.

Seems like positive steps to me. It's not a silver bullet for the problems that Scottish football faces but nothing possibly could be. The pyramid system is for teams below the third tier but I'd probably introduce regionalised leagues below the 1st division. There's no need for part time teams to be travelling hundreds of miles every second week.

Longer term I think the next steps should be to introduce standing areas at some grounds (where cost isn't prohibitive) and much greater ground sharing. Incentivising mergers somehow would also be a good plan.

• Paid Members
I've been busy recently and haven't been keeping up with the reconstruction talk, but have they done away with the idea of resetting the points totals at the split?

They've quashed that idea completely. No League reconstruction.

I've been busy recently and haven't been keeping up with the reconstruction talk, but have they done away with the idea of resetting the points totals at the split?

Good.

I see in other news as well that apparently Ross County have been linked with McFadden :laugh:

• Paid Members

Good.

I see in other news as well that apparently Ross County have been linked with McFadden :laugh:

Yeah, that's just mental!

• Paid Members
I see Aberdeen are releasing a minimum of eleven players this summer! Fucking hell, that'll be a lot of new signings you lot will have to make, eh? :omg:

I'm just overcome with joy that McInnes was rid on Hughes. So Craig Brown's parting words were that he left a legacy for McInnes. Some legacy, eh?

Archived