Michael Higdon

Niall McGinn

Andrew Shinnie

Players' Young Player Of The Year Nominees:

Stuart Armstrong

Leigh Griffiths

Gary Mackay-Steven

Victor Wanyama

Some weird choices there. Surprised Wanyama isn't in the POTY category. Joe Ledley also. From ICT I'd have expected Billy McKay opposed to Andy, but he has scored 15 goals from midfield, so maybe it's fair. I guess that's my new claim to fame. A mate being nominated for Scottish Players' Player Of The Year. :D

Is a separate vote taken for Player and Young Player, or is it just a single vote for POTY with those under 23 (or whatever) being added to the Young Player category too?

If it's the former, they could be left in a somewhat embarrassing position of the Player of the Year missing out on Young Player which would be a bit hard to make sense of.

• Paid Members
Is a separate vote taken for Player and Young Player, or is it just a single vote for POTY with those under 23 (or whatever) being added to the Young Player category too?

If it's the former, they could be left in a somewhat embarrassing position of the Player of the Year missing out on Young Player which would be a bit hard to make sense of.

It's a seperate vote. They vote for POTY. Not allowed to vote for anyone from their club. They vote for YPOTY which is Under 23s, again no player for their club. Also the Team Of The Year with no one from their club in it.

Players' Player Of The Year Nominees:

Leigh Griffiths

Michael Higdon

Niall McGinn

Andrew Shinnie

Players' Young Player Of The Year Nominees:

Stuart Armstrong

Leigh Griffiths

Gary Mackay-Steven

Victor Wanyama

Some weird choices there. Surprised Wanyama isn't in the POTY category. Joe Ledley also. From ICT I'd have expected Billy McKay opposed to Andy, but he has scored 15 goals from midfield, so maybe it's fair. I guess that's my new claim to fame. A mate being nominated for Scottish Players' Player Of The Year. :D

Wanyama is pretty average in SPL football to be honest. He has one cracking game every ten, then nine average ones. He's only been a stand-out in Europe really. Joe Ledley has been a shadow of the player he was last season, no chance he deserves to be up for POTY. I think, other than Andrew Shinnie, the nominees are pretty spot on. Would've also had Billy McKay instead of Shinnie.

I don't get why Neil Lennon is moaning as if our players have a right to be up for it just cause they won the league. They've picked and chosen when to perform rather than being consistent over the full domestic campaign. It's likely as well that because we haven't had a "complete stand-out performer" that any votes for our players all cancelled each other out.

higgy-brush-2-o.gif

Ha! Bloody quality, right up Lennon.

Another great win for us at the weekend over my namesakes. Our only real hope still seems to be Hearts going in to admin. According to documents, Ubig etc have court hearings in Lithuania on May 2nd about administration being confirmed or not, so we'll know our ultimate fate by Saturday by 16:45 IMO. Can't see St Mirren losing another 3 on the trot.

Away The Dee though.

Archived