2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

I have to side with the guy who has actually been a Referee here (I think?)

It's easy to criticise from watching on TV but we are literally talking about a two second window where the ball was actually over the line. It would've been out of the net by the time that the Assistant even turned his head all the way round. The Ref himself is miles away and totally unsighted.

I'm not in favour of goal line technology but I don't understand why they don't just have the fourth official either watching TV footage or standing behind the goal, especially in situations like that.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I imagine he'll be out on his ear in the next few days. Unless you're Alex Ferguson, you'll not be dictating when you're leaving, especially for a Aberdeen club-non-legend like Craigy.

Well he can if he's on good enough terms that he's going to be part of the board. He's said he will stand down if they can find his successor and he's available to join during the season.

ALLEGEDLY Rab Douglas has assaulted John Brown after being told to "Fuck off from the club, right now." Police at Dens the now seemingly. If so, Rabs stature amongst the fans will have risen even more. Utter disgrace the way we're treating legends right now.

Horrible news for Pars fans that TPC have pulled out of talks with Masterton after he refused to even answer them, shocking.

Utter disgrace the way we're treating legends right now.

Definitely. The fans calling for Barry Smith's head was just the start!

<CHOMP>

To be fair, he deserved to be sacked, but the way it was handled was piss poor.

<CHOMP>

Why? He got told last minute he was going to be managing the team in the SPL and not the 1st Division and had no time to prepare a squad for it. Dundee were favourites to get relegated for a reason and would've went down regardless of manager.

• Paid Members

<CHOMP>

Why? He got told last minute he was going to be managing the team in the SPL and not the 1st Division and had no time to prepare a squad for it. Dundee were favourites to get relegated for a reason and would've went down regardless of manager.

I would have gave him til mid-end of next season, seeing as he was doing not too bad in divison 1.

<CHOMP>

I would have gave him til mid-end of next season, seeing as he was doing not too bad in divison 1.

25 points behind the leaders, closer to relegation at the end of the season.

As far as this season goes, he signed no less than 12 players once our SPL position was confirmed, yet almost all of his signings were of SFL standard, not SPL. His squad, his failings.

• Paid Members

As soon as we went 3-1 up, I turned to my dad to say that we'd lose 4-3 and Samaras would come and get the winner.

I dunno what makes me more sad. The fact that I didn't put on the bet or that I'm such a pessimist when it comes to my football team. :(

Archived