2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

You got to wonder what happened with Kris Boyd? All time top scorer in the SPL, but has done the absolutely total of f*ck all everywhere else, even in the MLS.

He's not a very good footballer. Can score goals but oddly enough does nothing else and in an ever-changing game that means a lot less than one would expect.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You got to wonder what happened with Kris Boyd? All time top scorer in the SPL, but has done the absolutely total of f*ck all everywhere else, even in the MLS.

He's not a very good footballer. Can score goals but oddly enough does nothing else and in an ever-changing game that means a lot less than one would expect.

Aye. He's got a great knack of being in the right place at the right time but he just doesn't contribute enough in other areas. The best period of his career came when he had Kenny Miller beside him doing all the running about for him. It's not a huge surprise that he's struggled elsewhere.

A bit hypocritical if the Rangers fans accept him back too. I remember reading that he wasn't welcome back. Lot of shite.

It wouldn't be the first time Rangers have happily taken someone back after "the fans" have said they wouldn't be welcome. Barry Ferguson and Miller immediately spring to mind. Personally I've never really given a fuck and would take anybody if they'll improve the team. I'd rather not go for Boyd though. Nothing to do with how he left but we really shouldn't need him in the Second Division.

A point about Boyd - the Timbers do weekly blood tests on players as a part of their fitness analysis. He was found to not be following the proposed diet they put to him, and was classed as unfit for his entire spell there. It's frankly one of the key things that seperates him from a very good striker. He's a lazy shite who if he put effort in to get fit, could do more and score more because of it.

Rangers won

Better believe it. While the use of EBTs was certainly immoral, it's now been wholly proved by two independent panels that they were not illegal- lets put this to bed, Rangers did not cheat.

I'd also like to point out that Rangers will have been put into administration regardless of the EBT issue, and maybe a CVA would still have not been accepted, but the possible stripping of trophies was never ever a legal sanction, neither is the transfer embargo. I hope the bloodlust can stop now.

Rangers won

Better believe it. While the use of EBTs was certainly immoral, it's now been wholly proved by two independent panels that they were not illegal- lets put this to bed, Rangers did not cheat.

I'd also like to point out that Rangers will have been put into administration regardless of the EBT issue, and maybe a CVA would still have not been accepted, but the possible stripping of trophies was never ever a legal sanction, neither is the transfer embargo. I hope the bloodlust can stop now.

They were found guilty of side contracts and fined

Rangers won

Rangers won

• Paid Members

Wouldn't it also wipe out Rangers and Scotland's Co-Efficient points from the period too (if they took away the titles)? I assume if they did get stripped, they'd have to take away the points that they earned competing in the Champions League whilst being SPL winners. Maybe the SFA could do without opening that can of worms.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, does it? Scottish football is going down the shitter and no one is looking to do anything about it. Basically, we're just killing time until Rangers get promoted back to the SPL, where we'll see business as usual commence.

The SPL is shite. Celtic are going to run away with the title until Rangers come back and make it a two-horse bigot race again.

It's a real shame as well. Look at our league at the moment. If you took Celtic out of the equation it would be one of the most exciting seasons we've ever seen.

Rangers won

To be honest, all logic went out of the window a long time ago. There is clear documentary evidence that taxable payments were being made to players, misusing an already-questionable tax avoidance scheme. There is clear documentary evidence that payments such as appearance fees and goal bonuses were being paid outside the contracts placed with the SFA, breaking rules that say all payments made to players must be registered with the SFA. The new club traded under the name of a company in administration, who sold their name and image to said company, which is illegal in both cases. The new Rangers chairman has repeatedly broken the rules of the stock market onto which they wanted to list by making outrageous and improper claims.

By any logic, the directors of Rangers should be under investigation, Charles Green should be fined by the FSA and Rangers should be four league titles lighter. None of these have happened, logic no longer exists. It shouldn't matter if somebody gained a competitive advantage or not, they broke the rules. Besides, the idea that Rangers didn't gain a competitive advantage is ridiculous and illogical. However, as I said, all logic went out of the window a long time ago.

David - Maybe it's time for playoffs and split seasons, as they do in Latin America. You get more random champions, breaks up the hegemony a bit.

Archived