Bryan Danielson or Daniel Bryan?

ShortOrderCook

Which has been better?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have I missed any?

Being forced to be super over with the biggest and most distributed wrestling product word wide without denting the reputation of being a highly skilled technician between the ropes which he spent years building up with hard work in the independent scenes all over the world, not to mention in some of the big promotions in Japan.

I think they

Daniel Bryan has become one of the top all-round entertainers and performers in WWE. Danielson was a fantastic wrestler, but he lacked something. Now after some time polishing his skills and developing a character outside of being a great wrestler, he's become one of the top dogs.

Daniel Bryan is the finished and polished package. I don't see how it can be Bryan Danielson.

I'll try and explain this one, even though I actually voted Daniel Bryan.

Bryan Danielson was the absolute best that an independent wrestler could be. Capable of delivering a quality match, able to perform as either face or heel with multiple facets to either persona, had recognisable signature moves, spots and catchphrases and had flippin' classic entrance music to boot that some people still associate with him now.

Daniel Bryan has been absolutely brilliant since his WWE debut, but I'd say he only really works properly as a heel following the MITB cash-in. Sure, if they turned him in a couple of weeks he'd be perfectly functional (and maybe the YES! would work in his favour) but he wouldn't be anywhere near as good as he was a heel. Additionally, although he's outperformed himself and beaten everyone's expectations, he'll never be the top guy in his chosen field - that being the WWE.

So I can completely understand how seven or eight people, being massive fans of indie wrestling and perhaps, speculatively, less interested by WWE, would vote Bryan Danielson.

Even if it's the wrong answer.

EDIT: posted all that but failed to notice that opcws basically summed it up in one sentence a couple of hours ago. D'oh.

• Paid Members
I still can't believe how over he is. I always enjoyed him, but feared he would be buried in WWE. Instead he's all over the show.

Mental, isn't it? If someone told me eight years ago that Raw's 1000th episode would feature Bryan Danielson in consecutive segments with Vince McMahon and The Rock, one of which was a wedding segment, then close with CM Punk turning heel with the WWE Championship, I'd have called them delusional. It's like we all slipped into an alternate universe a couple of years ago and nobody noticed.

Daniel Bryan is the finished and polished package. I don't see how it can be Bryan Danielson.

I'll try and explain this one, even though I actually voted Daniel Bryan.

Bryan Danielson was the absolute best that an independent wrestler could be. Capable of delivering a quality match, able to perform as either face or heel with multiple facets to either persona, had recognisable signature moves, spots and catchphrases and had flippin' classic entrance music to boot that some people still associate with him now.

Daniel Bryan has been absolutely brilliant since his WWE debut, but I'd say he only really works properly as a heel following the MITB cash-in. Sure, if they turned him in a couple of weeks he'd be perfectly functional (and maybe the YES! would work in his favour) but he wouldn't be anywhere near as good as he was a heel. Additionally, although he's outperformed himself and beaten everyone's expectations, he'll never be the top guy in his chosen field - that being the WWE.

So I can completely understand how seven or eight people, being massive fans of indie wrestling and perhaps, speculatively, less interested by WWE, would vote Bryan Danielson.

Even if it's the wrong answer.

EDIT: posted all that but failed to notice that opcws basically summed it up in one sentence a couple of hours ago. D'oh.

Best answer and best explained! It's no different than a band...for example 'Nickelback' or 'Fall Out Boy' breaking through and getting more well known and popular worldwide, their 'fans' who have seen them rise to stardom are always going to remember and rave about the 'good old days' - I prefer American Dragon and loved the stuff he did in the UK for All Star but at the end of the day wrestlers, as with bands, start out to make the 'big time' one day, a natural progression of life, both Danielson persona's are great in their own right.

Mental, isn't it? If someone told me eight years ago that Raw's 1000th episode would feature Bryan Danielson in consecutive segments with Vince McMahon and The Rock, one of which was a wedding segment, then close with CM Punk turning heel with the WWE Championship, I'd have called them delusional. It's like we all slipped into an alternate universe a couple of years ago and nobody noticed.

Nielsen households noticed.

• Paid Members
Nielsen households noticed.

Fair point. One can only hope they'll find Punk more palatable as someone they're supposed to dislike. It should work better than smarmy babyface, at the very least.

Archived