Art Of Wrestling podcast

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

He can be very overbearing. There seems to be a theme that apart from his friends from the Indy scene, not may people actually like him. Its strange how he has a story on everyone being a dick to him. One episode he even says "no legend has even taken a liking to me". Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Jim Cornette, Shawn Michaels, Ultimo Dragon, Johnny Ace ... there's loads of wrestlers who just blow him off like a waste of time. Even the people who he interviews who've been released from WWE, he mentions they were a dick to him when they were in WWE. I just always find it funny that every episode he seems to have a story about someone blanking him or not returning his phone calls. He even asks one of the TNA guys "why am I not there". He's an acquired taste. He must be. Dixie, Cornette and Vince don't want him on their TV.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Thing is, he says that, yet in NUMBER 100 he talks about how John Cena got him a dark match because Cena and Lawler mark for Matt Classic, yet in the preceding episodes he rants at Linda McMahon.

Personally, I reckon he'd be a quality lower card comedy face, but he needs to learn to shut the fuck up. He gets it wrestling wise, but is a terrible penis.

• Paid Members
He can be very overbearing. There seems to be a theme that apart from his friends from the Indy scene, not may people actually like him. Its strange how he has a story on everyone being a dick to him. One episode he even says "no legend has even taken a liking to me". Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Jim Cornette, Shawn Michaels, Ultimo Dragon, Johnny Ace ... there's loads of wrestlers who just blow him off like a waste of time. Even the people who he interviews who've been released from WWE, he mentions they were a dick to him when they were in WWE. I just always find it funny that every episode he seems to have a story about someone blanking him or not returning his phone calls. He even asks one of the TNA guys "why am I not there". He's an acquired taste. He must be. Dixie, Cornette and Vince don't want him on their TV.

On the most recent episode Davairi offers to get Kevin Nash on the podcast for him and Colt just blows it off like he isn't interested.

You would think he would want bigger names on his podcast so he might actually get more mainstream attention. If I told my casual wrestling fan friends that there was a podcast with Big Kev on it they would download it, listen and most likely investigate who Colt was. They won't do that for Truth Martini.

As much as he's not as funny as he thinks he is and talks about himself way too much, I can't help but quite like Colt. The lad clearly loves wrestling and his enthusiasm about it is endearing.

That said, I'd pay good money to hear Mr 18 Fuckin' 59 host the show every week.

Nice fucking hat asshole. What are you some kind of faggot?

• Paid Members
Listening to the Domino episodes again also inspired me to go back and watch some early Deuce and Domino squash matches and they're loads of fun; much more so than I remember them being the first time. They're constantly talking shit for the entire match and delivering some fantastically violent offense to go with it. Beating the crap out of one of the guys and then chucking him to his corner and ordering him to tag is the kind of jobber abuse I can really get behind. It's what they're for.

The crack'em in the mouth from Deuce at the end of this match is a thing of beauty too:

Are you freakin kiddin' me?!? HUH?!? Awesome.

That's absolutely superb. That really is a hark back to proper abusive squash matches. The Steiners would be so proud of that effort.

Listened to this for the first time yesterday and thought Colt came off pretty well. Maybe he gets worse with time though. I was listening to the Daivari one, with Punk on it, and Punk comes across as the worse of the two. In fact, I think he calls Daivari a "chav" at one point for dressing badly!

Just listened to the Marty Scrull bit of the London podcast. What a fucking embarrassment.

He sounded like somebody who's story is going shit with the Zebra Kid/Mason Ryan attack, so he made up a sex story to try and save it.

I wouldn't recognise Marty Scrull if I saw him in the street, but he sounds like such a massive cunt. As do all the people in the crowd clapping his shite.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I didn't bother with that one. The Truth Martini one was pretty good, though.

I've gone back to the start to re-listen to some. The Adam Pearce one was great, I really like Pearce. Him and Cabana have been having an almost 2 year long feud over the NWA Title that has had some tremendous matches, by the way.

I got into it a couple of months back, went straight for the top ones I was into, then when I liked it I just picked the names that might be interesting. That philosophy's been hit and miss to be honest. In the case of the Marty Scrull one, it said something like "Live from the UK", which was smart of Colt in hindsight not to advertise such a fucking no-mark on his show. I've currently got Jimmy Korderas, Shelly Martinez (phwoar), and Tyson Kidd in the iPod waiting to go then I think I've caught everybody from the archive I'm arsed about. I've read a bit about his Truth Martini one on here but I've no fucking clue who that is. What's so good about that one?

I've never bothered with the Davari ones, but I can't believe he shrugged off getting Nash. Surely he's not that daft? He wanked his willy raw over scoring the chat with X-Pac his introduction to that one.

And yeah Pity, Kofi was a bit of bland wasn't he? Him and Natayla the last couple of weeks brought the boredom big time. Kofi saying "...or whatever" and the end of every other sentence proper got on my tits too.

• Paid Members
Jimmy Korderas

Good. Jimmy is an interesting bloke.

Shelly Martinez (phwoar)

Sounds like a real life mental. Which isn't a surprise. A proper Tiffany/Melina job. Can't say she's worth listening to for an hour. Seems like she's in overly nice/rather be somewhere rather than talking to a bloke with a square head mode throughout.

Tyson Kidd

Alright actually. Wasn't expecting much.

I've read a bit about his Truth Martini one on here but I've no fucking clue who that is. What's so good about that one?

You don't need to know anything about him. He's fucking hilarious. Up there with Domino. His story about lobbing his dick out when necking on with a girl in a gesture of laying the cards on the table is hilarious. As is his worrying story about a girl on Myspace a few years back. He's a good bloke.

I've never bothered with the Davari ones, but I can't believe he shrugged off getting Nash. Surely he's not that daft? He wanked his willy raw over scoring the chat with X-Pac his introduction to that one.

His reasoning was he only has his mates on so there's familiarity between him and the guest, and he doesn't know Nash, so it'd be an awkward chat.

Archived