BWP-Wrestling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From looking at FB from people who were there:-

CJ won with 2 feet on the ropes

The Hammer won the Number 1 Contenders match

From the Hammer's FB page

Is the new number 1 contender for the BWP championship belt. About time I take what's mine instead of them all trying to avoid me. There's no hiding now.

Dave Rayne is now missing a tooth by all accounts as well

and that's about all I've got thus far.

Full results from this past weekends Britannia Wrestling Promotions show in Prestatyn, North Wales:

MATCH 1

THRIPLE THREAT No1 CONTENDERS MATCH

The Hammer Vs Marc Morgan Vs Dean MacManus

Winner: Shaun 'The Hammer' Davis

MATCH 2

TAG TEAM MATCH

Dave Rayne & JD Sassoon Vs The Hunter Brothers

Winners: Dave Rayne & JD Sassoon

MATCH 3

FEATURE MATCH

CJ Banks Vs Davey Richards

Winner: CJ Banks

MATCH 4

LORD GRAHAM THOMAS OPEN INVITATIONAL CHALLENGE

Lord Graham Thomas III Vs Joey Hayes

Winner: Joey Hayes

MATCH 5

BRITISH WRESTLING PREMIER LEAGUE MATCH

Zack Gibson (Team Liverpool) Vs Sam Bailey (Team Manchester)

Round 1 Winner: No Fall

Round 2 Winner: Zack Gibson

Round 3 Winner: Sam Bailey

Round 4 Winner: Zack Gibson

Round 5 Winner: Not Contended

Overall Winner: Zack Gibson (Team Liverpool) +3 Points

** Team Glasgows Noam Dar could not make the BWPL match therefore +3 points were awarded to Sam Bailey due to forfeit, the match with Gibson was the first match of the second round in the British Wrestling Premier League. League Officials will make official announcements and statements about this shortly.

MAIN EVENT

PWI:BWP WORLD CATCHWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Babyface Pitbull Vs Cyanide

Winner and NEW Catchweight Champion: Cyanide

ALl photographs and videos for all matches will be uploaded in the coming hours and days!

To those who made the show, we hope that you enjoyed it, albeit with a couple of minor changes to the announced and scheduled bill, it was still an excellent show. We hope to see you at the next show at Prestatyn Ffrith Beach Arena on Saturday 25 August (new UKFF show thread to follow shortly also)

Thank you.

Banks vs Richards and the Premier League match were both fantastic and made this show the best BWP show I have been to in the past year. A few thoughts on the show …

The Hammer Vs Marc Morgan Vs Dean MacManus was a good start to the show. MacManus was a good foil for the dominant Hammer and the fast paced Marc Morgan. The match would have lacked energy if Morgan was not present so he would make a welcome addition to future shows to add a little high flying action to the more conventional bouts.

Dave Rayne & JD Sassoon Vs The Hunter Brothers could have been a blinder if Dave Rayne didn’t end up a bloody mess but Dave Rayne still pulled his impressive finisher from the top rope out of the bag to pick up the win. I’d like to see these two teams go at it again under different circumstances.

CJ Banks Vs Davey Richards was fantastic. The match had as much of a big match feel as you could expect from a UK show and each submission was making the crowd get louder and louder. The intense physicality created a great atmosphere and it was nice to see the BWP regular pick up the win and set the bar for the rest of the show.

Lord Graham Thomas III Vs Joey Hayes wasn’t particularly memorable. Lord Graham Thomas created apathy and the bumbling promo about god knows what was saved by the host of the evening decking Thomas and stating that he “does not encourage homophobia any other time” in regards to the ‘Gaylord’ chants.

Zack Gibson (Team Liverpool) Vs Sam Bailey (Team Manchester) was a fantastic bout and would have been the Match of the Night on any other given night. Gibson is on top form and has taken really well to the rounds system in place for these matches. Gibson and Bailey set a good pace and the natural North West rivalry between the teams ensured that everyone in the crowd had an invested interest in this bout. Fantastic stuff.

The Babyface Pitbull Vs Cyanide wasn’t much fun as Pitbull’s lack of character didn’t really motivate the crowd to get behind him so it was the work of Cyanide’s lackey at ringside to create the heat for this one and ensure that the crowd knew who ‘ their guy was’….outside of the Pitbull chants from Steve Saxon ofcourse.

The screwy finish involving CJ banks and Davey Richards running to the ring almost made me forget that the title had changed hands as moments later Pitbull was celebrating with his tag title with Richards but the energy of Richards and fiery promo ensured that the crowd left with a nice ending.

Archived