Toothache.

Kata Ha Jime

I've had on and off quite bad toothache in the same area for about two years. Three dentists have found nothing wrong. Nothing bad on the x - rays, no cavity or other obvious signs. They have done a few tests and the only cure is a root canal, which sounded like she was taking a stab in the dark.

So, no idea what to do. It's not that bad at the moment but I don't want it getting to me having to use an ice pack again.

I also kicked a dentist in the knee when I was five.

Your turn.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

When I first went to a my current dentist a few years ago and this really fit girl that I was always too awe-struck to speak to from my local was a nurse in there. So obviously as I was speaking to her for the first time ever and doing alright with it, I started dribbling all over myself with a half-numb face.

And yes, she did rest her boobs on my head. It was a w e s o m e. She doesn't work there any more though. Just some hairy-armed old girl that doesn't speak English.

• Paid Members

ive only had a couple of bad tooth experiences...

first bad one was a few years back, i went for a meal with the parents and some family, first bite into my steak and i got hit by the worst pain ive probably ever felt. I kept quiet for the meal because i didnt wanna ruin it, but afterwards i had to let rip about how much pain i was in. It was late so i spent the night with a duvet wrapped around my head (don't ask why but it helped) watching Top Gun. Got into the dentist the next day and had it filled in.

The other was late last year, i'd been having problems with a tooth for a while and eventually it just kicked. Nothing like the pain of the first one but it was constant. I took a day off work because it was making me miserable and booked myself into the dentist again. Whilst waiting to go in i bought a litre bottle of listerine and swilled around my mouth every 15mins or so because it was numb the pain. Eventually had it taken out which wasn't too bad but ended up with absolutely no sense of taste for about 3 weeks because of the poxy listerine. I was genuinely worried that my taste buds were permanently fucked! luckily it wore off.

...i did get to keep my tooth though! i know the dental nurse so she disinfected him and popped it to my house. Looked great on the mantlepiece until it started to turn green.

that's it for me...no horror stories within the actual dentist, thank fuck!

• Paid Members

Went under gas to get some old baby teeth took out.

Never had it done before and ended up waking up and swinging at the nurse. Must of just thought where the fuck I'm i and not clicked on.

• Paid Members

Tooth pain is fucking horrible isn't it. Of course, no pain is nice but there's something fucking torturous about toothache. You don't want to eat, drink or speak in case it irritates it. All you want to do is sleep and get some relief for the pain. No chance. Your whole head feels like there's something inside gnawing away. Horrible.

I had a bastard of a toothache when I was about 12 and it went on for days. For some reason I vividly remember lying in the livingroom on the sofa with my quilt, in fucking agony, while watching WCW Uncensored 96 with the Doomsday Cage match on DSF. Even the German birds getting their tits out in the ad breaks didn't cheer me up. And for a 12 year old boy, that's worrying.

It turned out I had an abcess and had to have a tooth removed. The roots on the tooth were ridiculous, sharp jaggardy long things, no wonder I was in so much pain. The dentist had a right game getting the tooth out.

Haven't really had much bother with my teeth though apart from that. And my current dentist is a saggy old man, I don't want his tits resting anywhere on my person thanks. Nice enough bloke but he's not my type.

• Paid Members

I had two teeth taken out on Monday. About two weeks beforehand I started to get really severe pain in my gums, like no other pain I've ever had. Turns out had I had an abscess and the nerves had become exposed. It was fucking hell. Putting off the dentist for so long, I dealt with it my own way - drinking a case of beer every few days until the pain went away or until I passed out.

I had the option of waiting a week for a root canal or having them bastards yanked out there and then. The only reason I went with having them taken out was because they were able to do it straight away. I was only later told that a root canal is one of the most painful thing you can have done, so I dodged a bullet there.

It wasn't as painful as I thought, though it didn't help that I couldn't stop thinking of Isaac Yankem.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members

Had a root canal a month and a half ago. Not had my second treatment so I still have the temporary filling in. Think I must have bitten down hard or something in my sleep as I am in tonnes of pain today. Going to have to phone and get an appointment tomorrow.

But anyway, I found the only time the pain alleviates is when I drink water. Is that weird?

I was only later told that a root canal is one of the most painful thing you can have done, so I dodged a bullet there.

It's not that painful really. I've had it done twice and the only things that are annoying about it are a numb arse and your mouth and if it's on the top, your nose is numb as fuck and feels as though you were punched in the face.

Broke a tooth in January 2013 but ignored it because it didn't look too bad. Sometime in August, I was hit with the worst pain ever. It's hard to describe but it felt like the inside of the tooth was popping, I suffered overnight after taking the strongest over the counter painkillers and applying ora-gel to the tooth, neither took the edge off at all. Couldn't get an emergency appointment the day after, but we have a walk in service on Sunday mornings, got the fucker pulled out after 3 days of pain.

Didn't learn my lesson, broke the same tooth on the opposite side in January 2014..... Sometime in August..... popping pain...... painkillers..... Sunday morning walk in.......

I've been good since and visit the dentist regularly, although I do have slight toothache at the moment which hopefully is being seen to on Thursday.

• Paid Members

But anyway, I found the only time the pain alleviates is when I drink water. Is that weird?

I found that too when I had a really shit toothache last month. Even more weird, the colder the water the more soothing it was. I thought cold water would be worse, due to the sensitivity and whatnot. My dentist explained that it's natural for cold water to sooth when the nerve is dying.

• Paid Members

Fuck toothache.

I have had some nasty things wrong with me from broken bones to MRSA.

The worst pain ive ever felt ??Toothache, I got a abscess on the nerve and it was horrendous. It made go lightheaded a good few times, came outa nowhere to, ended up loseing the tooth but it was worth it.

Guess what, the only thing that would stop it? Washing my mouth with warm water every 5 minutes. Id let them do what ever they want,that bad boy gets worse and you will know it

• Paid Members

So I've been up all night constantly swigging cold water. So in consequence I've been to the toilet so many times.

Got an emergency appointment at 10am. I hope they will just complete the root canal and not pull the tooth. That's my one only phobia as such.

• Paid Members

So I've been up all night constantly swigging cold water. So in consequence I've been to the toilet so many times.

Got an emergency appointment at 10am. I hope they will just complete the root canal and not pull the tooth. That's my one only phobia as such.

Dude i feel your pain, it makes my hands sweat just thinking about it. I would guess the filling has fallen out and an infection has got in there. 

Hope it works out ok

• Paid Members

The filling seems to be still intact unless an opening has formed somewhere. But I've been to the dentist, she gave my tooth a little look over and a swift tap and decided it was a week's worth of Amoxicillin for me. I get my root canal finished on the 18th, so not much longer to go.

Archived