Urban Exploring

CorpRobinson

As per title as a kid obviously we all did this exploring around places old houses etc, but recently this year i have been looking into some old buildings, hospitals in the area and the odd Mental Asylum, and just recently someone has re-opened a old WW2 Underground Hospital which is worth the look just wondering if anyone else does this type of thing ?

• Paid Members

Me and a friend have mine have dabbled with it, we've been around a few abandoned churches and old mining type buildings, nothing too crazy but it's interesting. It's something i wanna do more but never find the time.

I've always quite fancied getting into this (urban exploration, not free-running), and often browse a few of the forums. The problem really is that I'm a great big coward, don't really like the idea of getting caught. Reading some of the accounts of people getting down into closed tube stations at night and so on, it sounds llike a hell of an experience but I know I'd bottle it.

Some of the japanese urban exploration sites are incredible, really haunting stuff. Google the word 'Haikyo' and loads will pop up.

Spent an hour climbing around an abandoned watermill near here a while back, but that's the extent of my experience. There's an abandoned mental home locally too that's apparently easy to get into, so I may grow a set and do that at some point.

Glasgow has an abundance of disused rail tunnels and stations. I have never been to any myself but they look really interesting. This is the old Botanic Gardens station.

5529282682_97e9ab3167_z.jpg

It's possible to walk from there nearly completely underground for a good few miles. I wouldn't have the balls to do it!

• Paid Members

^ I'm pretty sure bAz has some videos on his YouTube channel of him in some abandoned places in Glasgow.

Some of the japanese urban exploration sites are incredible, really haunting stuff. Google the word 'Haikyo' and loads will pop up.

Bye bye work! Some awesome stuff there, cheers Philo.

I am very interested in the subject but haven't partaken much myself. I certainly would imagine that I will when the kids are older, though, because Mrs Small loves this stuff as well.

And our first destination will be Prypiat. Oh yes.

• Paid Members

I spent ages going all around an abandoned motel in a nearby foreign country at the beginning of the year, I was going in and out of all the rooms, I was fucking shitting myself though, it was so spooky. I'd love to explore an abandoned mental home or theme park so much.

Glasgow has an abundance of disused rail tunnels and stations. I have never been to any myself but they look really interesting. This is the old Botanic Gardens station.

5529282682_97e9ab3167_z.jpg

It's possible to walk from there nearly completely underground for a good few miles. I wouldn't have the balls to do it!

I'd totally be up for that if I could gather a good group to have a wander around in it. Wouldn't do it myself, as I might die.

I was in the Botanics last summer and made a halfhearted attempt to find it. I didn't. I've heard on various forums that there is a massive metal fence blocking the entrance now as well. Partick itself has a shit load of interesting places. Including a pedestrian tunnel under the clyde.

• Paid Members

Love the idea of this, didnt realise there were dedicated groups to the thing. But then again I should have known better, its the internet. Particularly interested in dis-used tube stations and the like, anyone care to share links to forums?

Love the idea of this, didnt realise there were dedicated groups to the thing. But then again I should have known better, its the internet. Particularly interested in dis-used tube stations and the like, anyone care to share links to forums?

Some links to a variety of places

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

http://www.ukurbex.com/

Gunna check out the Jap urban stuff linked before. Can spend hours looking through all this stuff. There are abandoned railway tunnels all over P-town and the old cinema and this next to the PCW venue get's much in the way of explorers

• Paid Members

I've never quite figured out how you're supposed to get into that old Botanic Gardens station. Only possible entrance I see is tightly locked these days. Would have loved to have got in there.

You used to be able to walk in a disused rail-tunnel from Crownpoint Road in the Calton until High Street in Glasgow City Centre. My brother and his mate done it a few years ago. Wall was just a bit *too* high for me. Very high drop to actually get onto the ground too. I don't know if it is still opened, but it was two years ago.

Archived