Impact July 12 discussion, spoilers etc

IANdrewDiceClay

Looking forward to the show on Challenge tomorrow but really wanted to see the end segment so watched that just now. A fucking sensational angle, but I just hope Hogan's not in on it or the main guy behind Aces and Eights. In fact, I'd be happier with that definitively established as soon as possible. It would be very much like same old twattish TNA to have Hogan and Sting not get along due to trust issues as part of this story, and I want to believe they're not going to do that, not least because there's a few other people who would be perfectly suited to orchestrating it. I want Hogan and Sting to be united allies, not like how it always used to be in TNA where nobody ever gets along.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's goofy, but I love that on that Aces and 8's Twitter, they're only following 2 people. Sting and Hogan.

Brilliant ending angle, fantastic show!

And in that same vein, the only TNA wrestler who follows the Aces & 8s Twitter is... Jeff Jarrett.

Is this too obvious for it to be Jeff Jarrett? I think it would be a good idea for Jarrett to try and get back control of TNA, as long as Jarrett is the figurehead and focal point, get the others over first. If its Luke Gallows like mentioned hes a hell of a talent...

Definitely a show that has something going for it, to the point where actually you don't give a shit about the slightly illogical things or more boring aspects, simply because you almost don't want to miss anything. I feel bad for skipping some of the show compared to wanting to get through Raw/Smackdown as fast as possible.

The key is that everyone is so good in their individual roles - Bully Ray, Joseph Parks, Roode, Aries, Hogan, Sting .. they're all amazing with their individual characters. It's all completely spot on.

Of course the in-ring action isn't bad either - Joe especially has become far better, and the BFG series is very good for bringing together lots of different people with different styles, and making it look competitive. RVD's boring but has been for years, and I can deal with a quick match from him. Same with Anderson.

I just find myself enjoying the show, which is the most important thing. I don't feel like it drags, even the slightly dodgy segments, and they're doing a damn good match of building so many people at the same time.

Impressive show once again.

Opening match has a fucking thumbtack spot, brilliant. I fucking love TNA. Solid show throughout and I really enjoyed it. Everything goes right and the show has a nice flow. The final angle was ace, who are the Aces and Eights? We don't know and we all look forward to it. Open Fight Night 4 this week too which will be good.

TNA is really unpredictable and brilliant at the same time.

I hope the ratings improve as the show has been phenomenal for a while now.

• Paid Members

Just because you are so used to talent burying the company and the belt, don't judge him by your own low standards. This shit is all fake, therefor what he says pertains to storylines and perception of the viewer. What do you want him to say "this could lead into a boom period ... but the business is cold, we aren't drawing on the road and Direct TV just took Spike off". Maybe taking your smart head off while watching it would not make you consider him to be a twat?

• Paid Members

Exactly. This is a guy who's been calling himself the greatest man that ever lived. Saying his title reign is the start of a new boom period is perfectly logical in-context.

• Paid Members

Plus while I highly doubt we'll have a Boom Period, when was the last time any wrestling product was this high a standard constantly? Lesnar's little bit with Cena lasted a few weeks and then it's been fucking shit since. Punk last year bombed after they had him leave and crawl back within 2 weeks. I'd say The Nexus was the last time people were genuinely this excited to tune in every week.

• Paid Members

Are you saying that he doesn't have empirical evidence, and multiple sources, proving that he's the greatest man that ever lived? Well, the bloom just went off that rose for me.

It's like the guy in the Knight Dynasty documentary discussion, saying that they shouldn't be held up as the biggest wrestling dynasty. Yes they can, it's a lot of carny shite, they can say what they want.

Just because you are so used to talent burying the company and the belt, don't judge him by your own low standards. This shit is all fake, therefor what he says pertains to storylines and perception of the viewer. What do you want him to say "this could lead into a boom period ... but the business is cold, we aren't drawing on the road and Direct TV just took Spike off". Maybe taking your smart head off while watching it would not make you consider him to be a twat?

Maybe.

Still a stupid thing to say though.

I get that AA & TNA are flavour of the month at the moment, but had Cena said that on Raw people would have been laughing there heads off.

I like AA but thought he looked very uncomfortable in the whole segment.

Only watched bits online the other day so was good to see the whole show last night, still loving the biker angle, just kind of hope double J isn't behind it.

The bikers posted a new message on Twitter.

Yes we took out Hulk Hogan and Sting. It was a message about what is to come in the future. More messages will be sent! WARN OTHERS!

So, who do you reckon is going to be their next target?

Archived