Impact July 12 discussion, spoilers etc

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to @iMPACTalk on Twitter. Viewership was 1.1million for last nights show. The DirecTV really kicked TNA in the nuts.

:angry:

What is it usually? I know the ratings an average of 1.0-1.1.

It hasnt been over 1.0 as far as i'm aware, since its changed timeslot and gone live, though may be wrong... so isn't that a good rating considering the DirecTV thing?

• Paid Members

The official rating this week is 0.9, though Meltzer reckons thats a fuck-up and Nielsen haven't taken into account all the homes that didn't have access. Assuming that is the case, it should really be about a 1.0-1.1 rating.

Long story short, the actual number of viewers is down because of the Direct TV deal, but among people who are still able to watch, it's doing the usual levels of interest.

I wonder if the Claire woman smoking is a clue that she's making up the pregnancy?

• Paid Members

Maybe it's goofy, but I love that on that Aces and 8's Twitter, they're only following 2 people. Sting and Hogan.

Brilliant ending angle, fantastic show!

Maybe it's goofy, but I love that on that Aces and 8's Twitter, they're only following 2 people. Sting and Hogan.

Brilliant ending angle, fantastic show!

And in that same vein, the only TNA wrestler who follows the Aces & 8s Twitter is... Jeff Jarrett.

• Paid Members

I thought the show was pretty good. The opening segment was fucking great, the AJ/Daniels/Claire stuff was pretty bad and it looks like Claire is going to turn heel (smoking while pregnant...what a cunt). I really wish RVD and Mr Anderson would fuck off. Apart from the opening I didn't think the matches this week were very good. And I wish James Storm was somewhere on this show.

The Aries/Roode segment was brilliant. Aries got the belt and the company over huge, and as the Champion it got him over huge too. Roode is just utterly fantastic. He really did look like he was naked without the World title. Both men and the belt looked like a million dollars after this and I can't wait to see what happens next week. The end segment perhaps ran on too long but it was a good ending and again I can't wait to see where this goes. Everyone is assuming that all 6 are "name" guys, I can't think of 6 ex-WWE guys it could be. I think it's pretty safe to say that two of them are definitely Cliff Compton and Luke Gallows. The other four could be I guess: Chris Masters, Mike Knoxx, Harry Smith and I dunno...Kevin Thorne or someone? Let's fucking hope none of them are Chavo Guerrero. I'm hoping in the end that the guys were brought in by Jeff Jarrett. Also loving how clearly influenced by Sons Of Anarchy the gang look to be. TNA actually seem to have their finger somewhat on the pulse of pop culture as opposed to WWE who are stuck in their own little bubble.

I must say how thrilling it is to have a weekly wrestling show that I can't wait to see. All Friday I sit at work excited to get home and watch it. I haven't felt like this since probably 2001.

Archived