The Belt Thread

Rule One

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've upped their production values recently and have been taught how to keep their belts clean. It's really easy and simple to do but wrestlers generally treat belts like shit which leads to the belts they hold being damaged, even getting baby oil/sweat on the leather/plates can mess them up. Steve Austin and Bubba/Brother/Bully Ray are the worst offenders of this.

Any chance of something to read about the WCW/NWA United States Championship and Television Championship? Have really enjoyed your work so far.

I will put that as next on the list. It probably won't be done until the end of the week/early next week as I've got a few things to do inbetween. Thank-you for your comment.

If anyone else has a comment/question/suggestion, shoot it and I will do my best to answer.

As promised to The Four Horsemen, I will do the NWA Television Heavyweight title soon because this one was a bit of a bastard to do. There is only so much information I could get and I don't fancy trawling through countless hours of bad NWA footage at the moment so I hope this is ok for all of you.

@SimonWorden: I will do the WWWF/WWF/WWE major titles at some point but I can't give an exact timescale.

NWA United States Heavyweight Title

There were nine major lineages of the NWA United States Heavyweight title and that is discounting the smaller regions that barely any information can be found on. The main linage is from the Mid-Atlantic region which is the main piece I have done in this but I have tried to gather some information on the other lineages/titles.

Central States 24/8/1961

@SimonWorden: The lineages in some cases do go on with other promotions, I just focused on the NWA part as I'll probably get round to doing WCW belts along the way.

@Wretch: It's a cheap clustered design which serves its purpose, there are a plethora of the same type of design knocking around. Usually made by belt buckle companies to varying degrees of finishes. Here's another one:

Elvis%20Presley%20Tribute%20Belt.jpg

@ShortOrderCook: I may do the IWGP Heavyweight title before I do the WWWF/WWF/WWE belts.

@RichieFreebird: Do you not like the older WWF Ladies/Women's titles or even the WWC Women's? The NWA tag-team belts are an indicative style of 60's/70's titles and bear resemblance to Nikita Mulkovich's belts, I've no idea if he made them though.

@RichieFreebird: Do you not like the older WWF Ladies/Women's titles or even the WWC Women's? The NWA tag-team belts are an indicative style of 60's/70's titles and bear resemblance to Nikita Mulkovich's belts, I've no idea if he made them though.

To be completely honest, I