The Belt Thread

Rule One

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuleOne: Do you have this book:

It's just been released in paperback (as well as in a cheaper black and white edition) and looks pretty gorgeous.

I haven't yet, I was waiting on the revised edition to come out, so I'll have it soon. I've spoke to people who have the original and say that my piece in this thread is pretty much spot on and is close to what the book goes through.

All the knowledge accrued about the NWA World Heavyweight title in the this thread was off my own back and was done by spending a lot of time asking people who have been around the NWA and the belt for a long time, lots of questions.

[*]On the 20/2/2005, Satoshi Kojima becomes the first and only man to hold the AJPW Triple Crown and IWGP Heavyweight titles at the same time when he defeats Hiroyoshi Tenzan in a champion vs champion match.

Love the post and hard work and effort you clearly put into all of them.

But one tiny correction here, Kojima was the first to hold both at the same time, but Keiji Mutoh held the IWGP Heavyweight Title at the same time as his alter-ego Great Muta held AJPW's Triple Crown in 2008/9.

[*]On the 20/2/2005, Satoshi Kojima becomes the first and only man to hold the AJPW Triple Crown and IWGP Heavyweight titles at the same time when he defeats Hiroyoshi Tenzan in a champion vs champion match.

Love the post and hard work and effort you clearly put into all of them.

But one tiny correction here, Kojima was the first to hold both at the same time, but Keiji Mutoh held the IWGP Heavyweight Title at the same time as his alter-ego Great Muta held AJPW's Triple Crown in 2008/9.

Cheers for the comment, I did consider putting Mutoh in with that detail but as far as I know, the Japanese class himself and the Great Muta as two separate entities, henceforth the post.

Sorry for the pedantic nature.

Any word on the rumored new WWE title belt design? Was it just a hoax?

It was no hoax, the maker, Dave Millican has publicly admitted that the main plate shown was the new WWE title in production. As far as I've been told, production is finished but no further details can be released to the public. People who I knew before they started work with the WWE (And are now under contract to them.) say that its a possibility that the new title could debut around Summerslam or the RAW afterwards. That is just talk though and not to be taken seriously as the WWE often changes plans and usually does so at the drop of hat.

Dave has no idea on when the belt will debut if it does at all due to the problems it caused. The leak was no fault of Dave's or Midwest's as the belt was still at the etchers/platers. The belt wasn't meant to be seen by anyone, however someone was left alone in its vicinity and took a picture on his mobile phone of it. From there the person passed it on to a few other people he thought he could trust and one leaked it by accident. This caused a shit storm and has caused untold problems to a few people. Dave and Midwest are ok though.

• Paid Members

I absolutely adore all the incarnations of the IWGP belt. Thanks for that write-up, made for an interesting read. I know every non-Rule One post reads like this but what a glorious thread this is. Great effort Rule One, look forward to more. Fascinating stuff.

I absolutely adore all the incarnations of the IWGP belt. Thanks for that write-up, made for an interesting read. I know every non-Rule One post reads like this but what a glorious thread this is. Great effort Rule One, look forward to more. Fascinating stuff.

Yeah the IWGP just makes me drool like Homer Simpson, its absolutely glorious. That WBA Intercontinental title is beautiful though!

An amazing thead Rule One, i've loved all 4 pages so far and look forward to more!

Rule One, are there any British belts that have amassed any significant lineage? I'm thinking of titles from the WoS days, or All Star or something.

• Paid Members

Probably none that you'd be able to find decent pictures of, if there are. Checking Wiki, it looks like the title histories are all pretty tenuous. The ones that were defended on WOS are almost certainly all defunct.

Rule One, are there any British belts that have amassed any significant lineage? I'm thinking of titles from the WoS days, or All Star or something.

Earlier British titles histories are all over the place and trying to gather information on them, let alone pictures is nothing short of a nightmare. I've always wanted to delve further into British titles but it would take time and dedication I just don't have currently.

IIRC, some of All Stars and WOS titles intertwine with each other but it isn't anything great.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had no time on my hands to do anything as of late but I will try and post something interesting within the next day or so.

Thank-you for the comments and to those who read this thread.

I could get lynched for this but whatever...

BE1.jpg

BE.jpg

This is the original WWF World Heavyweight title that Stone Cold Steve Austin was presented with the first RAW after Wrestlemania 14. The belt only lasted a few months due to the damage it received during Austin's reign. The damaged right bar came about when Austin threw the belt from the entrance ramp and into the ring. As you can also see, the leather is a dark blue colour which shone through on its debut but due to Austin mistreating it with baby oil, sweat and countless beer bashes its appearance tended to look black.

A private collector now owns the belt, this is about as much as I can say.