The Belt Thread

Rule One

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest thread ever!

Thanks so much for it. Would love to hear about the Dragon Gates titles some time.

Also had a quick question about the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

When did they make it smaller?

It seems sometime in the last year or so they made it a smidgen smaller for some reason!

Maybe around Christians reign? Just a guess

Any news on when the other ROH belts are finished?

No news as such but anytime soon. They should debut by the end of the year but there are no guarantees of that. I will post the teaser pictures Jeff Jones posted not so long back. They're nothing major or too revealing though.

Greatest thread ever!

Thanks so much for it. Would love to hear about the Dragon Gates titles some time.

Also had a quick question about the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

When did they make it smaller?

It seems sometime in the last year or so they made it a smidgen smaller for some reason!

Maybe around Christians reign? Just a guess

The title has never been made smaller, the leather cuts around the plates have been different and the angles in which it is wore also can reflect differently. It looked very small when Cena had it but it was the same size as every other champion from 2003 onwards had.

Although last year, the WWE used two different makers Big Golds on television.

Joe Marshall's was the one used up until Christian's title win and subsequent loss to Randy Orton.

Randy Orton and Christian (IIRC on that one.) used a Dave Millican Big Gold which was never meant to be on television supposedly, for a few weeks until Joe finally got around to delivering a new belt which had the red aligator/crocodile backing.

Sheamus is now using a new World Heavyweight title which was made by Dave Millican. It looks as if he may have casted Joe Marshall's plates as WWE own that design and thought to be in the process of phasing Joe out completely now.

Joe Marshall belt:

WWE%20World%20Heavyweight%20Title%2019.jpg

Dave Millican belt:

WWE%20World%20Heavyweight%20Title%2018.jpg

I will try and get something up this weekend, I don't know if it will be about a specific belt or on a subject matter. I really want to do a piece on bootlegs because they are getting out of hand at the moment but I have neither the time or will to do so at the moment.

Thank-you all for reading.

Edited by Rule One

• 4 weeks later...
Tom Pritchard posted this on Face’o earlier. I don’t know when or where they are from

I made them for GCSE Technology. Not really, but they are really shit. It looks like someone got a welding iron and a joblot of belt buckles.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

They do look like you could give someone brain damage with them, though, which is always a plus for belts. Makes the belt shots ten times better. I always liked shots with the NWA title with the massive dome globe on the front.

Cheers for the picture Richie, great spot.

I'm not 100% certain but they look to be from CWA/Memphis Wrestling. No idea of years of usage either. South Eastern/Continental had a few belts of the same design but different trophy pieces and leather.

• 3 weeks later...