The local characters/legends of your city

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Some of you will have heard of Aberdeen lunatic Peter Dow -

peter-dow-image-2-12840995.jpg

http://scot.cyberhost.me/

Everybody in Aberdeen has a story about him. My favourite was seeing him on WH Smith casually browsing through the gun magazines with a massive home-made badge with the message "Ladies - say hello, don't be afraid" written on it.

He's been quiet lately but I doubt he ever did find his dream woman.

Peter Dow's one of my favourite loons. Be it the story of how he used to give out flyers calling the principal of his old uni a murderer, or how he calls a school "failing" while spelling Aberdeen "Aderdeen" in the same sentence in this piss funny video of kids twatting his window, Dow is certainly good value.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only local nutter I can think of I haven't actually seen for a few years. She was known as Crystal Palace Woman as she'd always be impeccably kitted out in Crystal Palace training gear or a home shirt. I first thought she was a small man but I was told by others that she's clearly a woman. I remain unconvinced.

She was generally harmless, getting on a tram in Beckenham and getting off at East Croydon where she'd walk around the tram platforms for hours, talking to whomever would let her ramble on about football. However, as I found out personally, she'd turn nasty if you were wearing anything related to a team she didn't like. I used to go to training on Clapham Common in a retro West Ham shirt and she once started loudly saying "West Ham are shit". A couple of weeks later, after having a punch-up with somebody in a training game, she did it to me again. I didn't realise how fucking bonkers she is and told her to fuck off and bother somebody else. Then she started shouting "WEST HAM ARE SHIT, WEST HAM ARE FUCKING SHIT." Luckily the tram came along and I left. I gave her a wide berth after that.

I thought I saw her last week wearing normal clothes and being quiet but starey.

• Paid Members

Toy Mic Trevor

anyone's that's a regular in Cardiff will know of Trev. Basically an old dude that busks out on the street, singing old tunes into one of them cheapy kids echo microphones. I don't think his intention is to actually earn any money he just loves to fucking sing, bless him. Completely harmless and quite possibly dead at the time of writing but he put smiles on many a face...one of the good guys:

p.jpg

• Paid Members

Stan the Man

527759_10151798186295533_1772289528_n.jpg

Old fella, likes to dance in the nightclubs. Pussy hanging off him all the time. Most towns have an old dancing bloke.

STAN:

'The Dancing Man' Chris Berry

I pass this man every time I cross Bridge foot to my flat. Always lying about with his sleeping bag and customary large bottle of cider. A nice bloke in the daytime, by night a fucking mentalist. He likes to dance, sometimes he dances to the music on his IPod (he owns one and I don't) as a one man silent disco, and sometimes he's accompanied by an acoustic guitar. He even let me play it once while he did the Mexican hat dance around and earned my spare change. The fella is a right workhouse too, picking up many different public order charges as seen here.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4...d_from_dancing/

Chris in action:

Archived