UFC on FOX 4: 'Shogun vs Vera'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no suitable opponent for travis browne found according to ariel hewlani's twitter so swick vs johnson is moved to the FOX card

It would have been a disservice to Browne to put him against that Devin Cole guy that was rumoured, especially on such short notice. It's a lose-lose situation for him. I wouldn't mind Browne-Mitrione being made for a card in the next month or two, both are healthy and at a similar spot on the ladder. I'd pick Browne to win but it's a great opportunity for Mitrione. Like I mentioned earlier, he doesn't have all that much time in the sport to go, I'd see if he can make the strides to be an upper tier guy. For Browne, Mitrione has good name value despite his inexperience.

• Paid Members

I think Browne would totally smash Meathead, but I'd like to see it mind. Very unprofessional of Mitrione to pretty much abandon his training though, he should of known they would try and match him up with someone. Maybe he's running scared of Travis.

Fucking Mike Swick on the Fox card now too. I can't stand the boring fucker.

• Paid Members
Fucking Mike Swick on the Fox card now too. I can't stand the boring fucker.

Haha yeah I agree. Never really liked Swick. Just something about him that bugs me. And for a while he was so ridiculously overrated. He was always touted as some exciting killer striker yet whenever he fought a decent striker he'd just clinch up the fence or lay on them the whole fight. He did this to Marcus Davis and Ben Saunders (although he did KO Saunders to be fair). He took one good shot off Dan Hardy and tried the Kongo cage clinch the whole fight.

His striking technique is horrible. He's got some power but his technique is cack. And Rogan and everyone never bring it up, everyone acts like he's Gokhan Saki or Tyrone Spong or something. He just comes out and windmills a load of flailing sloppy arm punches with his chin straight up in the air. It looks like how a little kid would fight.

Oh and 'Swickotine'. Shit off Skeletor.

• Paid Members

Ha, Stick. I reckon Lionel Richie might beat him to be honest. He's been active, good BJJ, decent power and I've always thought Swick's a bit chinny.

If Swick wins in ANY fashion though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets a '.....Of The Night' bonus. Even if another fight is more deserving. Dana bums them TUF 1 boys.

• Paid Members

I think Swick get's extra point thought for being a bit of an embassador, you always see him on trips of other countries/military type stuff...he also used to do a spot of presenting on UFC.tv (and he was good, i dunno why the UFC stopped doing it). Seems like a decent guy.

just checked his record, he's fought in the UFC 12 times too :omg: i thought he'd only had around 6 fights. I lose track these days...It always blows my mind when i hear how many fights guys like Josh Koshcheck have had in the promotion.

Yeah it's pretty crazy to think that had Swick beat Hardy he would of fought GSP. GSP would have owned his ass and certainly finished him, Hardy for all his faults put up a decent fight against GSP albeit very one sided. I've never been on the Swick hype train either and I think his time out of the cage will be the deciding factor in this one. Would be his third loss on the bounce but he is probably safe given his TUF 1 popularity with Dana.

• Paid Members

Yeah Swick was set to fight Kampmann at UFC 103 with the winner getting the next crack at GSP.

Swick got injured so Paul Daley stepped in to fight Kampmann, and well, we know what happened there. Then Swick fought Hardy and lost.

The Rough House boys really threw a wrench in the contendership plans there, eliminating the two top challengers at the time. People criticise the decision to give Hardy the title shot and I understand why but they really didn't have any other options with how shit played out.

So yeah, if Swick had beat Kampmann or Hardy, he'd have been battered by GSP aswell, just like his AKA buddies Fitch and Kos.

• Paid Members
Swick would have got ths shot at GSP? I dont remember that talk.

He fought Dan Hardy at UFC 105 in Manchester in a number one contender match. Had he won he would've got the shot Dan Hardy got at UFC 111.

Can't speak highly enough of Swick outside of the cage. Met him two or three hours before the UFC 105 weigh-ins, he invited us into the hotel so we could grab a picture and couldn't have been nicer to us - especially considering this was while he was still cutting weight.

A lot more kind than he had any right to be considering the circumstances. Funny guy too.

• Paid Members

That's good to hear. To be fair I don't strongly dislike him or anything, he's probably a good egg. Seemed alright on TUF. Just never really took to him or bought into the hype he used to have. Not his fault but something about him annoys me. He obviously wouldn't give a shite whether I like him or not though.

Anyone remember when Swick vs Matt Serra was rumoured a couple of years back? That would have been an weirdly interesting fight.

Yeah Serra would of teared him apart on the ground if that fight took place. What I found odd about Swick is that he spent an awful long time in Thailand, possibly a year or so and never made a huge improvement with his striking. But I think he was there with Phil Baroni so probably spent the whole time drinking and partying with lady boys

Archived