UFC on FOX 4: 'Shogun vs Vera'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There were two rumors about Machida.

The first was a rumor that before the fight he was holed up in his room with the flu. This went around the press area before the show and broke to the public on Twitter. However, it was later debunked by various people.

The second was from King Mo who claimed when training for Jones, Machida was unreal, like nothing he had ever seen. However, something happened that Lawal said hampered his performance, it was hinted it was something injury based that would effect his cardio. Lawal would not reveal what it was out of respect and Machida it has been suggested did not want to make excuses even if there was one.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six of eight UFC on FOX 4 main card fighters medically suspended

Ulysses Gomez: 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact; KO/TKO

Ulysses Gomez:: 60 days no contest, 60 days no contact, or cleared by physician; cut forehead

John Moraga:

• Paid Members

just to confirm, Joe Lauzon now has the most post-fight bonuses in UFC history, the 2 he earned Saturday surpassed both Anderson Silva and Chris Lytle...some achievment. Lauzon must be minted.

• Paid Members

Lauzon's always stayed so grounded with it all too, he's still the nerdy kid that just so happens to fight. Has Lauzon ever been in a fight that wasn't exciting in some way?

is there actually a definitive list of all the bonuses the UFC has handed out?

• Paid Members
Has Lauzon ever been in a fight that wasn't exciting in some way?

Not that I've seen. He's always either in quick fights win or lose, or crazy back and forth fights. Just looked up his record and I've only seen his UFC fights but literally all of them I remember really enjoying.

Another thing I noticed on his record is that out of 29 fights he's only ever gone the distance once, and that one was a FOTN vs Sam Stout. The rest are all finishes. Also, his last 10 fights, he's got a '...Of The Night' bonus for 8 of them. That's nuts.

is there actually a definitive list of all the bonuses the UFC has handed out?

There's this on Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_b...ward_recipients

just to confirm, Joe Lauzon now has the most post-fight bonuses in UFC history, the 2 he earned Saturday surpassed both Anderson Silva and Chris Lytle...some achievment. Lauzon must be minted.

He's had 13 fights in the UFC, and has received 12 post-fight bonuses.

Impossible not to be a fan of his, both inside and outside of the cage.

After choking former champion Jamie Varner out on network television Saturday night and winning two bonus checks (for submission of the night and fight of the night in the process), UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon had plenty to celebrate afterwards but chose to leave the hard partying to others.

"I felt good in between rounds but afterwards there is always such an emotional dump and adrenaline dump that I'm drained," Lauzon said in an interview with Yahoo!.

Instead of hitting the Los Angeles-area clubs after his UFC on FOX main card win, Lauzon says he and his teammates scarfed down buffalo wings. Back at home on the east coast, the Massachusetts native is still riding high after his big win.

Joe Lauzon: Being an exciting fighter is job security.

With his two fight night discretionary bonuses from the UFC on Saturday, Lauzon became the all-time UFC fight night bonus leader with 11 awards in just 13 fights. The former record holder is retired welterweight Chris Lytle, who received ten awards over the course of twenty UFC fights. Lauzon also passed up middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who has nine bonus awards.

The goal is still to one day become the lightweight champion, but Lauzon says that having that record and being known as an exciting fighter means a lot to him as well.

"I loved watching Chris Lytle fight and, of course, I love watching [silva] fight. Both have more fights than me so for me to have won more fight night bonuses than them is awesome. I take a lot of pride in going in there and trying to finish people."

Perhaps even more impressive than his fight night bonus award record, Lauzon has managed to finish every single fight he's won in his entire career. Lauzon has 22 pro wins and 22 finishes.

"I hadn't thought of that much before, having a 100 percent finishing rate. I didn't really think about how many fights I had and how I'd finished every single one I've won. Ninety-five percent is something, Ninety-nine percent is incredible. But 100 percent is perfect," Lauzon said.

"As for the bonuses, I've been really fortunate. I train hard and I think my style of Jiu Jitsu is good for that. I'm constantly going for things. In the second round, for example, I was winning the round in my opinion and had Jamie's back with ten seconds left. Then I heard the 10-second marker and went for an arm bar. It wasn't a very good set up for the submission but I figured, 'what the heck?' He wasn't going to hit me that much in ten seconds if I didn't get it and if I got it, great."

With his fight night bonuses, Lauzon walked away from Saturday's fight with a nice chunk of change in his pocket. "I probably made about $150,000 this weekend," Lauzon details. "I made forty-something in show-and-win money and then I got $100,000 in bonuses."

The computer science degree holder and avid video gamer says he knows what he'll spend his money on: "I'm buying lots of X-Boxes," he laughs.

In all seriousness, the small-business owner Lauzon is known for being smart with his money, and his fans can rest assured that he won't waste it.

"Right off the bat, I have taxes. So that leaves me with about $100,000. I bought a house the other year, so $60,000-70,000 of this weekend's money is probably going straight into my mortgage. I've got about $40,000 in student loan debt left so I have to decide how much I might put into that now. Loans suck, so I've got to take care of that."

Lauzon and his girlfriend (Joe says that he hates using the term fianc

Archived