Raw thread 9th July

Slapnut

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What will it actually take for the casual fans to turn on the product? :confused:

There are no casual fans. Anyone who's watching Raw at the moment is a hardcore, til death us do part fan.

Or children and spastics who don't know any better.

Worryingly the show had a increase in numbers for the 2nd hour.

What will it actually take for the casual fans to turn on the product? :confused:

What an arrogant post. The numbers are up, but whinging on the internet is reaching 2003 levels, so the people actually watching (and by the stats, possibly enjoying) the show are the ones in the wrong, not a load of moaning twats on the web? Alright then.

Worryingly the show had a increase in numbers for the 2nd hour.

What an arrogant post. The numbers are up, but whinging on the internet is reaching 2003 levels, so the people actually watching (and by the stats, possibly enjoying) the show are the ones in the wrong, not a load of moaning twats on the web? Alright then.

The numbers are up, but the quality of show is at an all time low. What will it take for the WWE to step back and change the product they are putting on TV?

They'll continue to produce the same uninteresting garbage if they continue to get decent numbers.

• Paid Members

Hang on a moment. "The numbers were up in the second hour this week" is not the same as "The overall ratings are rising showing the current booking style is a huge commercial success and if you don't like it you're a snob."

The numbers are meant to be up in the second hour compared with the first because more people tune in at random points throughout the show. All that means is that this week the show wasn't so bad that people were tuning out quicker than new ones tuned in.

There's certainly no pattern on "the numbers being up" during the last few weeks when people have been complaining the show is getting really bad. Then again, they haven't slumped either. But you certainly can't say "we might not like it, but it's a big hit with the casuals."

I don't give a fuck, but I didn't mind this Raw, so that makes me a spastic or a child anyhow. The one thing that's normally good about discussion here (Vito aside), is the open-minded debate most people approach the shows with. But as it's been mostly (not entirely) criticised on here, all of a sudden people sneer towards any positive

news (like a small ratings bump) as worrying or whatever.

Wrestling's mint at the moment if you pull your tampon out with WWE and just pick and choose the bits you want to watch. TNA and WWE are presenting distinctly different products, the WWE PPVs are still mostly a fantastic quality, and all the ones that have whinged about their boyfriend CM Punk not being in the main event have now got their wish, but are STILL moaning because it took a bird to get him there instead of his supposed ability. And everybody can just fuck right off with the Anon GM moaning - it was abandoned before and people LOATHED that. This has actually been paid off with a totally logical answer considering how stupidly booked that character had been

That guy who does the 5 minute review videos has got the right idea I reckon. I know he's taking the piss, but he's still watching, and it gives him and plenty of the people in here on their rag a chance to follow the product without making themselves so apparently miserable on a Tuesday. I get it like, I was a moaning cunt once too. You (Lister)

must have gone through about four iterations of it by this point have you? Wrestling's fine and it will be even finer in a couple of weeks when the big lads come back and the road to Summerslam perks up. If people aren't prepared to take these little troughs between the peaks after years of following it, then they should know better than to care so much.

Hmmm THIS is why I can't get back into wrestling ! I used to watch RAW every week without fail to the point if I missed a week I would kick myself. Currently it's way too chaotic, I can't get into storylines because it's no longer simple wrestling and it's cheesy non comedy. Powerslam magazine summed up the Over The Limit main event as my view on a lot of RAW nowadays... It's cheesy and often embarrassing and you would never sit and watch it with a non fan!

I love wrestling but good wrestling. I don't watch what doesn't interest ne and it's shows like this that push me away from bothering ... Sorry got rant!!

Archived