The 2012 UKFF UK50 - STAGE ONE

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Since I promised it earlier, here is a look back in time at the very first UKFF UK50, completed in 2005:

1 Doug Williams

2 Jonny Storm

3 Robbie Brookside

4 Alex Shane

5 Jody Fleisch

6 James Tighe

7 Ricky Knight

8 Johnny Kidd

9 Spud

10 Stevie Knight

11 Zebra Kid (now Hooligan Roy)

12 Aviv Maayan

13 Drew McDonald

14 Steve Grey

15 Martin Stone

16 Jack Storm

17 Phil Powers

18 James Mason

19 Majik

20 Darren Burridge

21 Mark Belton

22 Andy Simmons

23 Justin Richards

24 Luke 'Dragon' Phoenix

25 Hade Vansen

26 Jay Phoenix (now James Wallace)

27 Mal Sanders

28 Stevie Lynn

29 Drew Galloway (now Drew McIntyre)

30 Ross Jordan (now RJ Singh)

31 Mark Sloan

32 Dave Morales (now Dave Mastiff)

33 Paul Travell

34 'Guvnor' Carl Conroy

35 Ashe, of the New Breed

36 TJ Cain

37 Eric Canyon

38 Iceman

39 'Pig Man' Andy Hogg

40 Damon Leigh

41 Dirk Feelgood

42 El Ligero

43 Conscience

44 Terry Frazier

45 Jack Xavier

46 Bulk, of the UK Pitbulls

47 Joey Hayes

48 Heresy

49 JC Thunder

50 Stixx

Quite an FWA-centric list, looking back.

Those who just missed out on a place in that inaugural 50 through the 2nd 'maybes' stage were:

Ice XVII (later Dragon Aisu)

Sha Samuels

Sabotage

Battalion

Declan O'Connor

Chris Charizma

I don't think I've ever mentioned it before, but 173 different individual wrestlers received at least 1 nomination, and those coming really close for inclusion that year included Rob Hunter, Tex Benedict, Saul Adams, Lee Darren, Max Voltage, Tony Sefton, Jorge Castano, Big Dave from the UK Pitbulls, Paul Robinson and Paul Tyrell.

Among the 83 wrestlers that just received a single nomination that year was Pac...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sent my list off. Thanks to Cobystag for a great list there which made it easy to pick my own.

Dave Mastiff

Dean Allmark

El Ligero

Jack Gallagher

Kris Travis

Lion Kid

Mad Man Manson

Mark Haskins

Martin Kirby

Marty Scurll

MK McKinnan

Noam Dar

Rockstar Spud

Trent Seven

Zack Sabre Jnr

Just missing out was Lionheart, although I know he'll get in anyway so I don't feel bad.

Dave Rayne (yeah seriously, Dave Rayne, we all know PCW has really helped get him a big exposure) etc etc and a load of other guys that while I haven't seen live (hence not voting for them myself) are big in other scenes.

Dave Rayne, actually went in my list. It will be the top 50 Dave Rayne's clearly :laugh:

Seriously though he qualifies in abundance this time around. Whether it be tweeting under the ring, captivating the crowd to the point where they love him to bits. Maybe not the best in ring, but his mic work and heel nature is absolutely top draw. His tag team Doomsday Device/Codebreaker thing that he had going with Mikey Whiplash is also fricking awesome. One thing is for certain, it's definitely entertaining

Totally agree, the guy has tagged with Nigel McGuinness & gone against Colt Cabanna in great matches. I see him as one of the best talkers in the UK and has improved 200% in the last year and really grown into his gimmick in PCW.

If people want to see just watch the first 70 seconds of this and tell me how many in the UK can interact with the crowd like this? -

If people want to see just watch the first 70 seconds of this and tell me how many in the UK can interact with the crowd like this?

Erm, loads?

What's so special about that? He did a promo and reacted to things to crowd chanted. I think most half decent wrestlers in the country can do that.

• Paid Members

I agree. Its just a bloke doing a promo. If this was 1997, he'd be something special due to the low standards at the time, but the UK scene has coughed up loads of talent over the last decade. There are loads of wrestlers capable of cutting a promo worthy of a crowd reaction like that (especially in front of such a smart arse crowd they chant "we're all Jewish" at him to try and get themselves over). I'm sure this Dave Rayne is really good, but that clip posted earlier isn't anything to write home about.

Am I wrong in saying this has always been mainly a WORKRATEZ~ list

Criteria from Big Benny HG

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?

All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:

- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?

- who is consistently involved in great matches?

- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?

- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?

- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

:thumbsup:

My 15 in no particular order

Trent Seven

MkMcKinnon

Dave Mastiff

Zack Sabre Jnr

Marty Scurll

Kris Travis

Dean Almark

Noam Dar

Mark Haskins

El Ligero

Lion Kid

Bubblegum

Spud

Jack Gallagher

Mad Man Manson

Honorable mentions to The Hunter Brothers, Clint Magera, CJ Banks, Martin Kirby, BT Gun, Dave Rayne, Joey Hayes and Lionheart. I

God, I fucking hate stupid bloody tin pot wrestling like the stuff in that clip that was posted. So much. Especially the crowd. Fucking hell. I think I need to watch the Hornswoggle/Mystery GM segment from last week's Raw to cleanse my palette.

Interesting 2005 list though.

Archived