The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i think the UFC need to get Overeem into that title fight straight away. I think he'll get the winner of JDS/Cain. The other guy is obviously Werdum, they need to keep him busy but it's hard to see who they have him fight at the current time. I love the idea of a JDS/Werdum title fight in Brazil somewhere down the line.The only guys on any kind of run outside of the guys mentioned are Miocic and Struve but they are already matched up. Of course there's Roy Nelson but he's already been smashed by Werdum once so they aint gonna do that again.

• Paid Members

I forgot about Carwin, given his age and layoff, he will be cannon fodder for Overeem at this point.

Carwin really should come in and work his way back up after the absolute dismantling at the hands of JDS but i think the UFC will attempt to capitalise on his popularity and probably bring him in against a big name, if he's due back soon he could be the guy to face Werdum.

• Paid Members

I think the idea is that they will do JDS/Cain in October in Brazil.I forgot about Carwin, given his age and layoff, he will be cannon fodder for Overeem at this point.

Yeah I think DS/Cain will be on the Oct Brazil card. Probably with Werdum fighting on the same night.I reckon if Reem is able to come back late this year or early next year they'll go with him. But they'll have Werdum as the backup plan incase Reem's return is delayed for some reason.As for a potential Reem vs Carwin fight, yeah I'd have Reem as a big favourite but you can't completely write Carwin's chances off with the power he has.I think they might even chuck Big Country in with Reem. Maybe even do Werdum vs Hunt or something. I doubt Struve vs Miocic will be changed.

• Paid Members

This is for Wandshogun's benefit (along with every male populating Earth), a sneak pic from the upcoming Strikeforce promo for Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah Kaufman - I give you Miss Rousey:480818_10151052806289382_2001250053_n.jpgWhat an odd promo this looks to be - still, can't wait for that fight.

I've quoted this just because it should be on this page aswell I think.Thanks Metal. Fucking love Ronda. No wonder Cody McKenzie got clobbered quick the other night, he had Ronda in his corner and his dressing room all night. His concentration must've been fucked. Yeah, fucking love Ronda.

• Paid Members

Gunnar Nelson vs Pascal Krauss added to the Nottingham show.

Nice fight that. I'll have Nelson Ito win that. Krauss is decent though, and his fight with Mark Scanlon on one of the Germany UFCs was really good from what I remember of it.

Dana said they might be going to Russia "sooner than you think" I've got to think this involves Fedor & M1 some how, M1 are apparently in financial trouble, perhaps they sell up and let the UFC run a fight night style event in Russia with a mixture of the M1 (mainly Eastern Europeans) & UFC fighters or Fedor comes out of retirement.

• Paid Members

Wow! didn't see that one coming. I started to believe that Rampage wasn't even gonna take that last fight. He's constantly bitched about not getting a guy to trade with, i think he'll get his wish with Teixeira.

• Paid Members
Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira added to UFC 153. Source mma junkie.

Haha, I called this. Well half called it. I thought they'd offer Rampage a Glover or Gustafsson. Gustafsson's out for a while yet so Glover got the call. It's in Brazil aswell so Rampage is going into enemy territory for that one and it's Rampage's last fight on his UFC contract. Should be a good fight.

Man, they must really wanna fast track Teixeira up the ranks. He beats Kyle Kingsbury and then gets offered Shogun and Rampage right away. He's skipped over the mid level Bonnars and Pokrajac's of the division and he's right up with the big names.

I'm guessing everyone will be picking Glover here but I'm not sure. He looks the business so far no question about it, but this will be a big step up compared to who he's fought so far. Rampage is past his best but it's important not to judge this fight solely based off Rampage vs Bader. Rampage was clearly way off 100% for that, came in fat and slow and could barely really move on his feet.

If I'm basing this on both guys coming in as healthy as possible then I think this is gonna be a great fight. And I wouldn't count 'Page out. This will be one I'll hold back on a prediction for though until I see how Rampage looks on fight week/weigh ins. A healthy Rampage, even if he's not at his peak anymore, will be absolutely the toughest test of Teixeira's career to date make no mistake. I'm not sure which way to go with this but a win over Rampage would be huge for Glover.

Tell you what though, what a 'fuck you' it would be if Rampage fucked plans up and beat Teixeira in Brazil and then fucked off from the UFC.

• Paid Members

It's a great fight. Rampage gets what he asked for - a striker. And if this likely to be Rampage's last fight as the rumours suggest, the UFC will be hoping this will be Teixeira's coming out party. If he can beat Rampage, they make a new star and cover their bases.

• Paid Members
It's a great fight. Rampage gets what he asked for - a striker. And if this likely to be Rampage's last fight as the rumours suggest, the UFC will be hoping this will be Teixeira's coming out party. If he can beat Rampage, they make a new star and cover their bases.

Yeah I think that's their thinking. Give Rampage a tough fight on Glover's home turf, stack it all against him and hope their new potential star comes through with the goods.

If Rampage wins though, then what? He's beat one of the UFC's potential title contenders and left the company. Things have got pretty icey between Rampage and the UFC so I don't think he'll wanna stay even if he wins. They'd probably have to make him a seriously good offer because he really seems like he's wanting to go elsewhere.

I think with how his last fight went, plus him wanting to stick it to the UFC on his way out, he'll be really motivated for this. And if he comes in in good nick who knows? People act like Rampage is shit now but his last two fights 1) he was injured against Bader and 2) the other fight was Jon Jones. Before that he'd looked very good against Machida and Hamill.

Whatever happens, this should be a fun fight.

• Paid Members
If Rampage wins though, then what? He's beat one of the UFC's potential title contenders and left the company. Things have got pretty icey between Rampage and the UFC so I don't think he'll wanna stay even if he wins. They'd probably have to make him a seriously good offer because he really seems like he's wanting to go elsewhere.

nah, not really. Glover only has 1 fight under the UFC banner, if he loses to Rampage it's no big deal, he'll just fight again in a few month's time. I think it's a risk worth taking.

• Paid Members
nah, not really. Glover only has 1 fight under the UFC banner, if he loses to Rampage it's no big deal, he'll just fight again in a few month's time. I think it's a risk worth taking.

Yeah that's right. I'm letting all this Teixeira hype influence me I think :laugh: . They can't really lose but it's clear what they're after with this. They won't be happy if Rampage wins that's for sure. I guess they'll probably put it as like second fight on the main card like they did with Tito/Machida when Tito was offski.

I really like Teixeira but I hope Page cocks their plans up. He's a moaning bastard lately but I'm still a fan.

Archived