The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

couple of fight announcements:

Diego Sanchez vs. Marcin Held - Fight Night Nov. 5th

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Jorge Masvidal - Fight Night Nov. 5th

Derrick Lewis vs. Marcin Tybura - Fight Night Oct. 15th

Bellator have announced this doozy also...

Bellator-MMA-in-San-Jose.jpg

Spoiler'd because of last weekend's Bellator.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bellator event aired on Spike over here on Saturday before the Fox show.

That's MVP's first proper test I think he runs through him though the height and reach advantage is huge.

I would expect Michael Chandler to win the main event, wasn't impressed with his opponent last week basically did nothing.

The guy who used to do Bellators match making Sam Caplan has an eye for talent and with a bigger budget could do better in the UFC but I'm guessing they go with one or two guys from smaller US promotions but the big fights usually are no brainers, but I think Dana is trying to make the titles more important again, they could make short money by doing Woodley-Nick Diaz but it would shit on the belt, unless its GSP then Maia or Wonderboy.

Conor probably gets stripped unless he fights Eddie Alvarez, they can't keep the FW title held up if Conor doesn't fight Aldo again.

• Paid Members

McGeary's still injured as far as i'm aware yeah.

I knew the Bellator show aired on Saturday, i kept the spoiler tag there in case anyone planned on catching up on the 5 player, i did post in the Bellator thread about it but i pretty much hang around there on my own :laugh:

• Paid Members

Are Fansided.com a reliable source? Because I just read that they're reporting that Robbie Lawler vs Donald Cerrone is in the works for UFC 205 at MSG. And I've just about jizzed myself dry. Are they lying to me?

I did read something on MMAJunkie the other day that Dana said Lawler has been messaging him constantly about getting him a fight, and Cerrone tweeted back that he's up for it. So it makes sense on all fronts to make that fight. Lawler wants to fight, Cowboy always wants to fight. Oh and the little fact that it would be fucking awesome helps.

• Paid Members

Are Fansided.com a reliable source? Because I just read that they're reporting that Robbie Lawler vs Donald Cerrone is in the works for UFC 205 at MSG. And I've just about jizzed myself dry. Are they lying to me?

I did read something on MMAJunkie the other day that Dana said Lawler has been messaging him constantly about getting him a fight, and Cerrone tweeted back that he's up for it. So it makes sense on all fronts to make that fight. Lawler wants to fight, Cowboy always wants to fight. Oh and the little fact that it would be fucking awesome helps.

Oh my. Rogan was getting all excited on the recent Cerrone edition of his podcast because of his potential MSG fight, which he couldn't mention because they still had some minor details to sort out - Rogan said he's seen the poster. Cerrone v Lawler fits. Incredible fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but as much as I'd like to see Alvarez vs Cerrone 2, I'd much rather see Lawler vs Cerrone. I'm guessing the UFC have told Cerrone they've already got someone lined up for the title shot at 155. I'm expecting Alvarez vs Khabib to be announced soon.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but as much as I'd like to see Alvarez vs Cerrone 2, I'd much rather see Lawler vs Cerrone. I'm guessing the UFC have told Cerrone they've already got someone lined up for the title shot at 155. I'm expecting Alvarez vs Khabib to be announced soon.

I actually think they will go for Alvarez vs Mcgregor Wand. I don't think Mcgregor will agree to fight Aldo.

The spanner in the works is the potential of GSP vs Mcgregor.

In relation to Lawler vs Cerrone, I think it's a good fight. My concern is that Cerrone can't take a punch, and folds under pressure. So it's either going to be a Cerrone swarm, or Lawler demolition. I can't see it being a back and forth contest. 

• Paid Members

Looks like Lawler vs Cerrone IS happening at MSG.

Brett Okamoto from ESPN tweeted that things are moving quickly towards the fight getting made. That's about as reliable as it gets. And the fact it's moving quickly is obviously a good sign as it shows both guys want the fight and nothing should get in the way of it getting made.

Archived