The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Bellator also cut Paul Bradley recently coming off a win over one of their top prospects Chris Honeycutt. Bradley claimed it was punishment for beating one of their golden boys. Some weird decisions being made.

The soccer kick thing i can understand but id have liked to see it stay. Thing is, soccer kicks in Pride didn't really factor in too much, Wanderlei and Shogun had a few highlights with them but nothing like some of the soccer kick KO's that have happened in One. Fighters really started to incooperate them into their game properly.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yair Rodriguez/Doo Ho Choi is in the works for the TUF Finale.

Fuck yes!

That's an amazing fight! Both guys could really test each other in that one. I'm completely torn who I want to win, though. Yair does the crazy ninja shit, but Choi is the 12 year old who is lovely and polite, comes in the cage and knocks you the fuck out, then goes back to help Dad in his restaurant.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-20%20at%2009.46.

UFC released there schedule for the rest of the year last night. Including a Belfast card. Could make for a fun trip over there. Although I've never been before. Still weighing up whether to go to 204 as well.

Aww man, the Aussie Fight Night's in Melbourne? Thought it would be Sydney, we haven't had one since 2014 (which I couldn't attend thanks to my disastrous UK trip). I made the trip south for UFC 193, dunno if a Fight Night will be worth it.

I see an Albany, NY card in there, too. Nice to see they're jumping on the NY locales at the first opportunity.

• Paid Members

So having just watched BTs Beyond the octagon I was brought to near jizz point when it got to the end of the show with no GAD in sight.

On top of that it had a new narrator who sounded similar to that of the premier league review shows..ie very professional.

It came across really well and I'm praying that as part of the new deal the UFC told them get rid of GAD.

Fucking Gad. Caroline is just as useless as him but at least she's fit. Gary Lineker took an interest for the first time this weekend according to twitter, get him on board, might have fuck all knowledge but won't be as unbearable as Gareth.

In other serious conversation looks like they're trying to book Rumble vs Jones at MSG for the #1 contenders shot at DC. Fucking beautiful if they pull that off.

• Paid Members

To be fair, Caroline Pearce has improved massively. Her interviews leading up to 202 were very good and she got a lot of praise for her post fight interview with Mcgregor after 196 whilst walking through the corridors of the MGM whilst on their way to the post fight presser. 

You can tell she's really put the time in to get up to speed on the sport. That said, I don't think she should be in a presenters role, but I think she's found her calling for BT's coverage with her interviews.

Here's the post 196 interview...and once you put aside of struggling to look elsewhere, she is very good.

And yes, she's fit as fuck. 

Archived