The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Carwin v Hunt, please.

I can't see Hunt fighting anytime soon, maybe ever, if he's insisting on pursuing legal action against the 'scummy cunts' that are the UFC management.

I'd throw Carwin in with Roy Nelson. That was the fight he was booked in when he got injured and retired and they did coach (a shit) season of TUF against each other.

Yeah, but it's the Carwin fight I want to see most.

What shape is Carwin in these days? He's had all sorts of injuries.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently subscribed to Fight Pass and have been rewatching some older fights. Watched Jones vs Gustaffson this afternoon and was wondering what people's thoughts were on the decision?

Personally when watching it I had it 48-47 in favour of Gustaffson. I'm no expert on MMA scoring though so tend to go with my gut feeling when watching a round/fight.

So how did you score that fight?

• Paid Members

I can't remember exactly how I scored it but I remember thinking Jones edged it, just, with a strong finish in the championship rounds. It was close though.

Here's the thread for that event, if you want to read what the UKFF feeling was at the time;

https://ukff.com/topic/133672-ufc-165-jones-vs-gustafsson/page-5

• Paid Members

Nick Diaz's suspension ends today. I'm stunned they don't already have a fight lined up. Who do we think they'll pair him up with? Robbie Lawler? Chael Sonnen? Conor McGregor if he wins at 202?

And more importantly, how many people think he'll pass all his tests when he next fights?

• Paid Members

Oh he'll fail again. I'm sure of it. Nick Diaz failing the weed test is as sure as the sun rising in the morning.

There are loads of fights I want to see him in. Matt Brown, Carlos Condit rematch, Sonnen, McGregor. But the 2 I want to see most are the Robbie Lawler rematch and Michael Bisping.

UFC 201 spoiler...

Lawler losing the title means that fight is now more likely than it was a few days ago. It's a no brainer to me, as long as they can sell Diaz on the rematch. The Bisping fight probably isn't happening while Bisping holds the 185 title though. All the more reason I want Hendo to beat him in October. Ideally, if I had my way we'd see Diaz vs Lawler 2 sometime this year. Then Hendo beats Bisping in October freeing up Bisping to fight Diaz early next year.

If the UFC have any sense, UFC 209 will be in Stockton, California with Nick and Nate both fighting in the main and co-main events.

Archived