The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Rogan admits himself that he prefers just doing the Fight Companion with his friends, think he just wants to go back to being a fan.

oh, Shane Carwin has announced that he's planning returning to the UFC apparently.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mousasi vs. Belfort has been agreed to for UFC 204, which is expected to be the Manchester show on 8th October. Excellent!

Fantastic!

I hope I can get tickets but by then my wife will be on the last 3 months of her maternity with no salary coming in. Not sure if I'm going to be able to justify going.

• Paid Members

Oct 8th is the date for the new 'Neighbourhood Festival' in Manchester too. Hundreds of bands playing across 10 music venues in town, if hotels weren't going to be expensive enough already.....

• Paid Members

Oct 8th is the date for the new 'Neighbourhood Festival' in Manchester too. Hundreds of bands playing across 10 music venues in town, if hotels weren't going to be expensive enough already.....

If the main event is 4am, you won't need a hotel. :p

You can be out all night and get the first train home.

• Paid Members

That's my plan now tbh, I'm only 30mins away on the train anyway. I was thinking more about peeps who'd be making a weekend of it & coming down for the weigh ins & associated events. Pretty sure the Manchester Arena don't let you in with a suitcase lol.

and the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford as well 

• Paid Members

Cyborg Santos has successful surgery on his skull, all sorts of pins and plates bunged in there. Crazy fucker reckons he'll be back in the cage in six months.

I think only seeing the actual pictures does it justice. I was going to put them here, but thought some may not want to lose their breakfasts.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/28/12319768/photos-cyborg-santos-before-and-after-surgery

• Paid Members

Seems almost ironic really - it was his most shattering defeat that brought him closest to living up to his nickname, more than any of his victories did.

But yeah - he really should retire; that kind of damage shouldn't be just shrugged off. I get that this sort of thing is hard to shake: it's in the blood, and there's probably nothing that can match the rush of competing and fighting, but he needs to properly look after himself now. Why not be a coach? He could probably do a good job training up the next generation.

• Paid Members

Carwin v Hunt, please.

I can't see Hunt fighting anytime soon, maybe ever, if he's insisting on pursuing legal action against the 'scummy cunts' that are the UFC management.

I'd throw Carwin in with Roy Nelson. That was the fight he was booked in when he got injured and retired and they did coach (a shit) season of TUF against each other.

Archived