The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

Bisping vs. Hendo 2 is the greatest example of the perfect fight going directly against the rankings, and who deserves it, and what's, "good for the sport," and all that shit. Dan announcing that it'll be his final fight has only added to my excitement. Either Bisping avenges his win and defends his belt in his home town, or Dan Henderson retires as the UFC Champion. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I assume everyone is on here is going to get a ticket? I don't care how late I have to stay up. I'm there.

Agree 1000% and I would hope to go if the fight is in the UK.

Do we know when tickets go on sale? Has it even been announced?

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think they've confirmed a date or venue yet. The talk is October in Manchester but that's as much as we know yet. I'm guessing they'll want the tickets on sale within the next few weeks though so I'm sure the announcement is imminent. Bisping vs Hendo is a lock it seems though. Dana and Bisping have both confirmed it's happening.

Yeah I'm hoping it's the end of October. I begin uni in Portsmouth right at the start of the month, so wouldn't be able to make the trip.

If it does go ahead over here a UKFF MMA meet up in a bar before or after could be good if others are up for.

• Paid Members

If it does go ahead over here a UKFF MMA meet up in a bar before or after could be good if others are up for.

I'd definitely be up for that if I end up going (I'm going to try). Long overdue really, a UKFF MMA forum meet up at one of these UFC's. Even though it seems like I've known some of you for years, it'd be nice to meet you all properly.

Seriously, when I think about it, I signed up here in 2009. I hadn't even met my wife back then (well, I had apparently but I was too drunk to remember). Loads has changed since I signed up here. And I haven't even been on here that long compared to the likes of Ebb, Supremo, David etc.

• Paid Members

I'd definitely be up for that if I end up going (I'm going to try). Long overdue really, a UKFF MMA forum meet up at one of these UFC's. Even though it seems like I've known some of you for years, it'd be nice to meet you all properly.

Seriously, when I think about it, I signed up here in 2009. I hadn't even met my wife back then (well, I had apparently but I was too drunk to remember). Loads has changed since I signed up here. And I haven't even been on here that long compared to the likes of Ebb, Supremo, David etc.

This just made me check and some how I've been lurking here since 2002! 14 years! Holy shit.

Anyway, yeah, if I make it it'll be solo too. None of my mates are in to MMA enough to fork out for train tickets up to Manchester.

That's fine by me. Rogans mostly fine IMO he occasionally says dumb stuff but for the odd slip up he often carrys Goldberg.

This isn't a massive jump anyway really is it? He was only doing the major fox shows and there isn't that many a year anyways. Same goes with Brazilian PPVs. I imagine he'll do PPV dates where he can do comedy stuff to. Ie over here.

What annoys me is how this has gone unnoticed by the mainstream media, if Brock called him a 'black piece of shit' or a 'Monkey' then we would never see Brock on UFC or WWE tv again (look at Hogan).

Whatever weight he had behind this argument he has now lost it with this rant though hasn't he?

• Paid Members

Whether it's been related to his deal being up, Rogan has been fucking dire lately. He's had absolutely no interest whatsoever in what he was doing.

At the end of last year he was brilliant, particularly Rousey/Holm and Mcgregor/Aldo. Since then he's been mind-numbingly boring. 

His commentary during Bisping/Rockhold in particular was shocking and did nothing for Bisping during what was a great moment in MMA history.

Hopefully he picks his game back up now he's signed a deal, but there's a small part of me that wishes they go in a new direction to that of Goldberg and Rogan.

• Paid Members

It won't happen but I'd actually like to see them throw a different colour commentator in there with Goldberg/Anik or whoever from show to show. For a bit at least anyway. Sort of like when Angus Deayton left Have I Got News For You? and they just had a different presenter each week. It'd freshen the commentary up no end, I reckon. And they've got enough guys on the roster who I think would excel in the role. The FOX pundit lot for example - Cormier, Rashad, Bisping, Cruz etc. You've already got Stann, Hardy and Florian (although I think Florian's boring as fuck). You could get Mir in there maybe. I think Matt Serra and Chael Sonnen would be fantastic as well. I like the Don Frye shout. You could throw Bas Rutten in there if he's up for donning the headset again. Maybe even try some of the coaches in the role - John Kavanagh and Ray Longo immediately spring to mind. Just rotate that lot from show to show.

I think it'd work a treat. It'll never happen and of course, FOX have a say in that stuff as far as the Fight Nights go, obviously. But I'd love to see something like that. There's no shortage of people at their disposal who I think would be brilliant in that colour commentator role. Is there any set rule that says you have the same two voices all the time?

• Paid Members

I really want to hear Don Frye do a woman's MMA fight now, or chime in during a Vitor Belfort fight.

Rogan doing a reduced schedule for a year is a good idea. It means they can slowly faze him out and give people like Stann and Cormier more chances going forward. Stann is my pick, of course.

Rogan has definitely been a bit off the past month, but I'd say he had a really excellent 2015/16 prior to him mistaking tape for mouth guards etc. Definitely the best he's ever been.

Archived